Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 253 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
I’ll order one. I don’t necessarily need it, but this is probably a single production run and this gives you 10 orders now. If I don’t ever need it, someone else will. I’m pretty sure everyone wants the drain plug right?

·
Can Opeler
3,283 Posts
Yep! The drain plug will save so much headache in the future. No more dumping oil out everywhere, losing the ball bearing for the reverse gear, etc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK I made the few changes I wanted from my first one. Mostly minor details like adding chamfers and such but also the big one of moving the drain hole rearward and pre-tapping for m14x1.5.
The drain plug I recommend is:
Drain Plug

This plug happens to be the same as the oil pan, so order 2!

I will have final pricing hopefully this weekend but as of now we should be close to that 10 piece price. So far I have:
Name qty
Paul M ..... 1
nbrcrnchr ..... 1
opelnut 1 ..... 3
oliper ..... 2
knorm65 ..... 1
ejota ..... 1
Mikenotigan .....1
Autoholic.....1

Anyone else?
OK at least 10 are on order due in my hands ~26th. The total number is actually over 10 so I quickly asked the supplier for 2 more but we’ll see. We’re at the $150+ $13.65 shipping in a USPS flat rate box. Some of you have already PM’d me info, the rest please do at your convenience.

For payment I can accept PayPal, Venmo, and Apple Pay, or cashiers check. PM me with your preferred method. I’m excited for you all to get these! It looks and works really sharp. I probably should have had my name engraved in there or something on the inside so 40 years from now these would have become legendary...

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
I sent you a PM with my info.

Once these are made, chances are this will be the only production run unless another group could be put together. Should anyone miss the chance to get one, let me know. I'll be putting a Getrag in my GT anyways, so I don't need the pan I ordered. I got it as a just in case / investment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I sent you a PM with my info.

Once these are made, chances are this will be the only production run unless another group could be put together. Should anyone miss the chance to get one, let me know. I'll be putting a Getrag in my GT anyways, so I don't need the pan I ordered. I got it as a just in case / investment.
No worries, I was able to get 12 in the queue so everyone should go home happy!

I'll sort through the PM's today on payments, thanks to everyone who already sent the info.

·
Opel Addicts
2,462 Posts
Still available?

I know I'm a little late to the party, but can I still get one?

Allen & Vickie Gage :cool:

Reactions: opelspenner

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
Allen, if there aren't any extras (I believe there are 2 extras), you can have mine. So, one way or another you'll get one.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
My inbox was full, there is room now to message me.

·
Can Opeler
3,283 Posts
Let me know if you have issues contacting me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
okey dokey,
I THINK i messaged everyone, thanks to everyone who has gotten back to me or paid already. These should be here early next week and i'll work on packaging them and shipping them out.
Some have asked what bolts I was using in my picture... uhmm... i dont remember. M6xSomething. It was designed for one size longer than stock when used with a split-lock washer.

IF you buy that drain plug I suggested I would put some threadlock or tape on the MAGNETIC insert thread (not the bolt threads itself) to keep the magnet from vibrating out.

·
Opel Addicts
2,462 Posts
Thanks!

Allen, if there aren't any extras (I believe there are 2 extras), you can have mine. So, one way or another you'll get one.
I Believe there is one with my name on it. Thank you for the offer.

Happy Opeling!

Allen :cool:

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Finally received these today, and they look fantastic! I will start mailing them out soon. We're a bit frozen in the Milwaukee area, so much so that they stopped mail service today! Once we thaw out and the post office starts working again they'll be in the mail. The receiver list is:
Paul M
nbrcrnchr
opelnut 1
oliper
knorm65
ejota
mikenotigan
Autoholic
handlebars
saxybiker

Everyone was down for 1 except Oliper with 2. I will go over payments today to see where we're at but I'm pretty sure everyone if not nearly everyone has sent payment.
I did order a dozen so there is one more available if anyone is looking for that special Valentine's day gift! Otherwise with enough interest another run can always be had

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just a little heads up, they've literally shut down everything including the post office due to the cold, I'll try to get these out Saturday but i'm still waiting for the flat-rate boxes to arrive from USPS. Thanks for everyone's patience!

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is my first winter in West Michigan and it's been nothing but "Arctic blast" and "Polar vortex" around here for the last few days. There's no way I'll even get into my garage in the foreseeable future. Stay warm everyone out there. I miss California:cool:

21 - 40 of 253 Posts