Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 253 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
Who did the machine work? I would have expected it to cost twice as much per pan if not a lot more.

Reactions: First opel 1981

·
Opeler
34 Posts
Just a little heads up, they've literally shut down everything including the post office due to the cold, I'll try to get these out Saturday but i'm still waiting for the flat-rate boxes to arrive from USPS. Thanks for everyone's patience!

LMAO! this is true, i'm in indiana just outside CHI-raq, it's been an adventure this week!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
OK HALF the flat-rate boxes finally came today so I'm boxing them up as my boys watch Star Wars (per their request... i'm so proud :veryhappy )
Shipping labels were created and postage paid. Tracking numbers can be found per
Paul M 9405503699300406438079
nbrcrnchr 9405503699300406438093
opelnut 1 9405503699300406438154
oliper 9405503699300406438130
knorm65 9405503699300406438123
ejota 9405503699300406438109
mikenotigan 9405503699300406438116
Autoholic 9405503699300406438147
handlebars 9405503699300406438086
saxybiker 9405503699300406438161

I'll tape them up and drop them off Monday and pick up more boxes from the post office if they don't bring the rest of my box order by then. The first ones should get delivered in 3 days! (pending natural disaster)

As to the question of who machined these? Ahh, see, that's an ancient Chinese secret... I have friends far away who do great work

·
Opelnut
931 Posts
Arrivial Wensday by 8pm

Looking foward to it. Looks like just the thing for the 4 speed.

Now someone needs to do this for the Getrag

Reactions: opelspenner

·
Opelnut
931 Posts
duh !!

The Opel Getrag 240 doesn't have a removable bottom panel
Been so long since I have seen the actual Getrags in mine (multi cars) I had forgotten. Thanks one less thing to try an have made. LOL LOL :no:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Jeff: Just got mine in the mail this morning. What a superb bit of engineering! Thank you!

Looking it over, I cannot imagine any GT 4 speed owner passing this pan up; it is that well-made and practical with that tapped oil drain plug hole.

This is an item that our friends at OGTS should consider working with you to have future stock on hand for purchase...just a thought. The turn over time from sending you payment to recieving the product is amazing as well.

Oh, and my GT is a 3 speed Slush-O-Matic; with future plans to turn into a manual transmission to unleash the sportiness of this car.

Thanks again for bringing something into the Opel hobby that is a first-rate, must have item!

Mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jeff,

Mine arrived yesterday. Very nice work. Now, if the weather would warm up, I would install this nice addition to the 4-speed.
Thank you for your work.

Paul in Mi

·
Opeler
34 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday, it's as nice as it looked in pictures, I agree, you should work with Gil at OGTS on continued sales. thank you for quick shipping and a great product

·
Pedal Smasher
2,111 Posts
Jeff,

Mine arrived today, awesome job. Well designed and machined. Could you perhaps PM me your contact / company that made these? I might have a need for their services. I have a crazy idea bouncing around my head, I want to create a Varicam sprocket for the CIH. Where I live, I'm sure a dozen of these pans would cost $300 each.

·
Über Genius
8,918 Posts
As much as I like Gil and OGTS, the guy has to make money. His Opel efforts aren't charity. It's a business.

I don't fault him for that one bit.

So, having Gil as a supplier of these pans would do little more than drive up the cost. The only reason they are affordable is because there's no middleman.

I like to design stuff. The double sprocket pulley and T-5 adapter wouldn't come to fruition if I were trying to make a buck.

Just saying.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Totally agree, just charged you guys enough to cover the cost and the beers it took to get the design right. I'll give Gil a holler on these. He absolutely has the right to make a buck on them. He's been way more than helpful on all other weird questions we've had over the years too.
But there is something to be said about the early bird, we got the best deal because of being willing to risk a few bucks to be an early adopter!

Cheers!
:cool:

As much as I like Gil and OGTS, the guy has to make money. His Opel efforts aren't charity. It's a business.

I don't fault him for that one bit.

So, having Gil as a supplier of these pans would do little more than drive up the cost. The only reason they are affordable is because there's no middleman.

I like to design stuff. The double sprocket pulley and T-5 adapter wouldn't come to fruition if I were trying to make a buck.

Just saying.

·
Opelnut
931 Posts
Got It!!

Very nice design an a great looking piece. glad I got it!! Hope you continue to come up with Awesome few of a kind pieces for our Opels:yup:

·
Can Opeler
3,283 Posts

Got mine on today! Great design! I had zero issues. The added capacity is nearly a pint. I went from 2.7 pints to about 3.6 pints!:) that will definitely help out with cooling a bit.

·
Opel Addicts
2,462 Posts
Got mine too

WOW - what a great looking piece! It's almost too pretty to put underneath a car!

If you ever get down to (or through) Akron, stop by for a few beers and bench racing!

Allen & Vickie Gage :cool:

Reactions: Knorm65

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got mine on today! Great design! I had zero issues. The added capacity is nearly a pint. I went from 2.7 pints to about 3.6 pints!:) that will definitely help out with cooling a bit.
Looks great, Kyler! I've gotta clean up the bottom of my GT this summer--yours is so clean underneath! :cool:

Thanks for sharing the new capacity. I knew it was a ton more squeezes from my hand pump oiler to fill it this time. :ugh:

41 - 60 of 253 Posts