Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 248 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1,957 Posts
Are there any more left? I would like one
I think there might be one extra. Let me know if he doesn't have any.

*update* Ron purchased my transmission pan.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,957 Posts
I received my pan a few weeks ago, and purchased the recommended drain plug from Amazon. Ron just purchased my pan and the drain plug that goes with it. It will be shipped out tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like one.

I just came across your blog. Are these pans for the GT4 still available? If so what is the cost.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
wow, i don't get on here enough!

Hopefully everyone's is staying leak-free like mine is! I can't believe what a difference after so many years of fighting that stupid stamped pan.
I don't have any left outside of my spare... I have a gen1 on the car now with the gen 1.5 being what I produced for the group. My spare is the gen 1.5. Maybe in a year or so i'll swap them out and sell the gen1 but until then no, i'm all out

I can certainly arrange another run if there's enough interest.

·
Can Opeler
3,188 Posts
I love mine so much! I’ll probably buy a couple more if you do another run. Every Opel needs one of these.

Yo should consider selling a bunch to OGTS! Just let me buy them at your price first if you do that:p. I’ve had probably 20 Opelers on YouTube and Facebook ask me if I could tell them how to get one.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,957 Posts
I sold mine. I could get another if a 2nd production run happened. If Kyler could provide the names of people who also want one, that might be enough for another run.

Maybe a slightly different design for the next run if it happens. Put the bolt at a corner and have the pan slope everything to that corner.

·
Can Opeler
3,188 Posts
I sold mine. I could get another if a 2nd production run happened. If Kyler could provide the names of people who also want one, that might be enough for another run.

Maybe a slightly different design for the next run if it happens. Put the bolt at a corner and have the pan slope everything to that corner.
Getting people to pay for things or commit to things they say they are interested in on Facebook is worse than herding cats. I’m not going through that pain lol.

If he decides to try and do another run I’ll post a link where they can find it though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Another Run!

After much thought I've decided to go ahead and do another run.
Some changes for this revision I'm considering:
1. Moving Drain plug - I'm back and forth on this one. Wouldn't it make sense to place is far FORWARD? This way to drain you could easily just jack up the rear of the car via under the diff and with jack stands putting tipping the overall pitch of the car towards the front. Unless you have a lift or a pit I don't know an easier way to get under there
2. Creating an enclosed pocket for the detent spring/cap
3. Different color? will probably add some branding too, maybe a nice opel logo (they won't sue me for that will they?)
4. I could massage the inner floor to pitch it towards the drain plug but i'm worried this would add considerable machining time and therefor $$$

I'll probably do a batch of 10 again for Gen3, and I do still have one Gen2 (what everyone on here got) left that I kept for posterity

I'm not officially taking orders yet, just gaging feedback from those who have one already. I'll probably end up selling them on eBay too

·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
1. Moving Drain plug - I'm back and forth on this one. Wouldn't it make sense to place is far FORWARD? This way to drain you could easily just jack up the rear of the car via under the diff and with jack stands putting tipping the overall pitch of the car towards the front. Unless you have a lift or a pit I don't know an easier way to get under there
3. Different color? will probably add some branding too, maybe a nice opel logo (they won't sue me for that will they?)
4. I could massage the inner floor to pitch it towards the drain plug but i'm worried this would add considerable machining time and therefor $$$

I'll probably do a batch of 10 again for Gen3, and I do still have one Gen2 (what everyone on here got) left that I kept for posterity

I'm not officially taking orders yet, just gaging feedback from those who have one already. I'll probably end up selling them on eBay too
I'd put the drain plug on the rear passenger corner.

When I work on the transmission I jack the front up. And the engine tilts to the passenger side naturally.

·
Opelnut
919 Posts
I would probably take a Gen 3 - like Drain slope to plug Idea and re location of plug, prefer the clean no logo/ Branding

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I would probably take a Gen 3 - like Drain slope to plug Idea and re location of plug, prefer the clean no logo/ Branding
I agree with them, slope it to a clean corner on the passenger side. The next Question is the worst. What kind of money are we going to shoot for? I've been pouring money into equipment and trust me, you do not want to farm for a living. Thanks, Jarrell

·
Pedal Smasher
1,957 Posts
It would probably be close to the previous cost. You could do a small slant to the cap and it shouldn't add much to the machining time. You don't need a lot to direct fluid, a couple degrees and you have movement.

·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
It would probably be close to the previous cost. You could do a small slant to the cap and it shouldn't add much to the machining time. You don't need a lot to direct fluid, a couple degrees and you have movement.
No purpose to a pan slope. The pan will be sloped if you ever change the oil unless you do it on a lift, and even then the transmission slopes to the passenger rear corner.

·
RunOpel
832 Posts
I'm definitely in for one. Your work is remarkable. I know RallyBob has made them in the past and plans to make them again, but he wont be doing that until he gets his shop finished.
I don't want to wait, so I will buy one. Thanks for doing it.
Dan

·
RunOpel
832 Posts
I hate to keep this thread going, but have not heard any further details from Opelspenner about proceeding forward with transmission pans.
I even PM and no response as of date. Maybe there is not enough interest in purchasing one. How about it fellow Opelers, what is your thoughts?
Dan

·
Registered
540 Posts

Interested. Let me know

·
Pedal Smasher
1,957 Posts
I'm interested. It was only like 2 weeks after the gen 2 run, that a member bought my pan off of me. I'll take a Gen 3.

61 - 80 of 248 Posts