Opel GT Forum banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
I already cut the flange to go with the 2" adapter then the 4 into one. It sits at a 45 degree and yes your right, if it were a GT then it's 59 degrees and fitting it is a drag. I wouldn't touch it without the car on hand to fit it to. Motor mount sag alone can put you into a fender.

I was just clearing up all the old issues, no problems here. With 2 cnc tube benders and a cnc plasma cutter at my disposal I can handle it. I was passing off the favor to Allen and Vickie. I have another design in mind to shorten it up anyway. 2 and 3 looped under 1 and 4 at an offset to clear everything. The shorter the better for a turbo exhaust, less spool up time.
So does this mean you don't want me to build you a manifold then?

Bob

·
Banned
3,841 Posts
It sounds like the logistics make it next to impossible. I love your work but it looks like this one is best done in house.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
It sounds like the logistics make it next to impossible. I love your work but it looks like this one is best done in house.
Well if you change your mind just send the turbo to me. I have plenty of Ascona chassis' to mock it up from.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Oh Hell...Custom stainless manta turbo manifold? Where do I sign?
PS - can you put that new camera to use and post some pics? PLEASE?! :D

While I have no intentions of selling these things, I figured a few pics couldn't hurt now that I have them downloaded. These photos are from last July BTW.

Underside of turbo exhaust manifold:

Top side of turbo exhaust manifold:

Modified stock thermostat housing for use with EFI intake:

Installed turbo exhaust manifold on mocked-up engine:

Bob

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Just for "hypothetically" speaking, how much would it cost me to get one of these beauties? Say if I wanted to turbo charge my EFI low compression 2.4L L Spec GT(which my full intent is to supercharge, hence low comp). I have no problem with massaging my fender and heat coating the body and turbo to make it work. "Hypothetically" speaking of course.

(Boy my wife is going kill me if I do this.)

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Just for "hypothetically" speaking, how much would it cost me to get one of these beauties? Say if I wanted to turbo charge my EFI low compression 2.4L L Spec GT(which my full intent is to supercharge, hence low comp). I have no problem with massaging my fender and heat coating the body and turbo to make it work. "Hypothetically" speaking of course.

(Boy my wife is going kill me if I do this.)
Hypothetically, I discussed this a few posts ago (and about 8 months back!).
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/131681-post386.html
But since I can't legally do the work out of my shop....

I have no idea if it fits a GT either, never tried it.

The funny thing is, I tried to simplify the heck out of the design compared to my racing header, and it took almost the exact same amount of time to build! Partially because of the extra time needed to prepare and weld stainless steel, and partially because the shorter/tighter tube fitments made cutting and welding more challenging.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Boy that'd sure look nice on my manta...<sigh>

Todd

While I have no intentions of selling these things, I figured a few pics couldn't hurt now that I have them downloaded. These photos are from last July BTW.

Underside of turbo exhaust manifold:

Top side of turbo exhaust manifold:

Modified stock thermostat housing for use with EFI intake:

Installed turbo exhaust manifold on mocked-up engine:

Bob

401 - 407 of 407 Posts