Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oldpiler
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got a 1979 Ascona B rally car, Had it since 1988. Check out my post in the "Introductions" forum. Anyway, I know there are other B chassis cars (Ascona and Manta) in North America. Anyone one on this board have one? Anybody know somebody who has one? Have you even just spotted one in N.A.?
Love to find out about other B chassis cars in the New World.:)

-Dave Clark

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Any relation?

Meant to ask earlier . . . any relation to the DC5 of yesteryear? :p

·
Oldpiler
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Any relation?

tekenaar said:
Meant to ask earlier . . . any relation to the DC5 of yesteryear? :p

No, but I was born in 1965 so you do the math!;)

I have a friend of mine a little older than me (does special effects for the movie industry, you've seen his work, a real crazy guy) he always calls me Dave Clark Five. As in, "Hey Dave Clark Five, how's it goin'?":)

-DC5

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
"B" Chasis

Lots of "B" platform cars over there - Isuzu Impulses!!!

A bit of a variation on a theme but still have "Opel" diffs

My collection starts with an "A" platform 1972 GT
has a "B" platform 1981, 1984 & 1987 Isuzus'
and is completed?? with a "C" platform 1987 Ascona 2.0i

The A & B platforms use the torque tube diff but the C platform is a front-wheel-drive that showed up over in the "New World" as the GM "J-car" with the Gen. II Opel motor - most of which were made in Australia and some in Brazil.

The Cam-In-Head Opel motor has many GM elements that showed up in Buick motors (front cover/oil pump layout) and the SOHC Pontiac L6 is a variation on the cam setup.

Put a Buick/Rover alloy V8 along side an Opel motor or an Isuzu Impulse motor and the similarities are striking - as are the differences!

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Re: Re: Any relation?

oppositelock said:
No, but I was born in 1965 so you do the math!;)

I have a friend of mine a little older than me (does special effects for the movie industry, you've seen his work, a real crazy guy) he always calls me Dave Clark Five. As in, "Hey Dave Clark Five, how's it goin'?":)

-DC5
BTW, my "personal plate" avatar, 1MALIG (Einmalig), means "One of a kind" in German. ;) Meant as statement on car, '85 Bitter SC, not on self necessarily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all.I'm a new member from Greece obsessed with Opels.My first Opel was an Ascona B 2.0 16v motor 220 ps!Asconas were very popular at Greece untill now.Alot of them have a lot of power like one from Athens with 600ps!I really love these cars and i'm very happy that there are people from U.S.A. that love Opels.Now i own an Opel Astra gsi 16v turbo 6 speed 400 ps 94 mod.I'm very glad that i found this site. :)

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Got an '84 Manta i200 up here in Toronto....working on adding a 2 door Ascona B to the fleet shortly.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts