Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have images of LT11 rear arches installed on their GT? These are the ones i'm talking about https://opelgtsource.com/search/2403/details

I've searched here and on Google but only have a few very blurry images that look like they may be the right thing.

Just idly considering it, not entirely sold on the idea. It seems they cover the US side markers (which i'd be delighted to lose). Personally if i were to go this route i'd not match it with a side skirt as shown in the OGTS photo (just not my bag), so really interested in what others may have done if anything.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
So, no flare at the front of the wheel well, just flared at the top and back, no side skirts. I've got the largest archive of modified Opel pics and I can't find a single picture of a car here or in Europe that has those "just the rear half of the rear wheels" flares installed. Not one car out of hundreds of pictures. The big question: Do they stick out from the body or blend into the body at the rear panel? Are they open or closed at the back? Here's a pic from the Lenk website:

In the pic above it looks like it sticks out from the body where it meets the tail panel, but can't tell if it's open or closed at the back. Almost everybody who flares their wheel wells installs the Steinmetz front and rear flares. Here's an interesting look that appears to be the Steinmetz flares mixed with the LT11 flares:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Gordon - yeah that's what I was considering.

It may end up looking really out of proportion with just the rear, but I was noodling on these vs the Steinmetz (front and rear) as it seemed to be a little less extreme. I think someone here described the full Steinmetz setup as making the car look like a 'fat duck' which made me laugh.

I may have to ask nicely to drop in on our friends at OGTS and see if I can check out a set in person.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey that has a Florida tag on it!!!
Is that a member owned car here on the site?
How long ago was this pic taken?
I have so many Q'S

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
Cheers Gordon - yeah that's what I was considering.

It may end up looking really out of proportion with just the rear, but I was noodling on these vs the Steinmetz (front and rear) as it seemed to be a little less extreme. I think someone here described the full Steinmetz setup as making the car look like a 'fat duck' which made me laugh.

I may have to ask nicely to drop in on our friends at OGTS and see if I can check out a set in person.

I'm not saying it's a bad look. It might look cool with no other body kit stuff except just the flaring of just the rear part of the rear wheel wells. GT's ARE rather abbreviated behind the rear wheels, so you COULD flare that area and not have it look out of place or feel the need to get wider wheels to fill out the wheel wells. My new project car has a kit with some flaring of the rear of the rear wheels for just this reason. The rest of the wheel wells are un-flared, except for the side skirt flaring.:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not saying it's a bad look. It might look cool with no other body kit stuff except just the flaring of just the rear part of the rear wheel wells. GT's ARE rather abbreviated behind the rear wheels, so you COULD flare that area and not have it look out of place or feel the need to get wider wheels to fill out the wheel wells. My new project car has a kit with some flaring of the rear of the rear wheels for just this reason. The rest of the wheel wells are un-flared, except for the side skirt flaring.:

View attachment 437616

View attachment 437617

View attachment 437618 View attachment 437619
Hello! I am new to this forum. Could you please tell me who produces the body kit in the above photo, including the rear peice that forms around the exhaust outlet.I have been an Opel Gt owner since the 1980's. Just recently pulled them out of storage and looking for new idea's to bring them back to life.
TIA!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,805 Posts
Hello! I am new to this forum. Could you please tell me who produces the body kit in the above photo, including the rear peice that forms around the exhaust outlet.I have been an Opel Gt owner since the 1980's. Just recently pulled them out of storage and looking for new idea's to bring them back to life.
TIA!
That body kit is the Parsget Mirage. It's a pretty rare body kit and Gordo got the last NOS kit that a European seller still had. Welcome to the forum. I don't know if Lenk Tuning still creates body kits for the GT but you could look there for something.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
Hi, I'm "Gordo".

Opel GT Source in California is our primary supplier of body kit parts and they carry most of the kit parts made by the places in Europe that made them. The subject of this discussion is about some of the very hard to get or seldom seen wheel flare kits people have used. The white car above is NOT the Parsget Mirage kit. It's a pic I found in my archives. I really have no idea who made those arches. The rest of the car has custom modified side skirts on it. The Europeans have used body kits from other cars, like Porsches, and adapted them to fit. There were also a number of shops like Wittpohl, Lumma, and others who modded a handful of GTs with really exotic wheel flares. Those companies don't exist anymore and, with GT's now being pretty rare over there, it has fallen out of fashion to radically modify GTs.

We lost the member in Europe who used to know about and be able to find the super exotic kit stuff(Norbert Schnausse - RIP). The flares shown on the white car are seldom seen and I don't think any American car has them installed, the pic is probably of a European car and who knows how old the pic is. Most people install the big Steinmetz flares, but then you HAVE to get wide wheels to make them look right.

I'm going to start a discussion on my Facebook group to see if I can nail down all the different wheel flares that people have used and where they came from. I'll post the results here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info!!
Hi, I'm "Gordo".

Opel GT Source in California is our primary supplier of body kit parts and they carry most of the kit parts made by the places in Europe that made them. The subject of this discussion is about some of the very hard to get or seldom seen wheel flare kits people have used. The white car above is NOT the Parsget Mirage kit. It's a pic I found in my archives. I really have no idea who made those arches. The rest of the car has custom modified side skirts on it. The Europeans have used body kits from other cars, like Porsches, and adapted them to fit. There were also a number of shops like Wittpohl, Lumma, and others who modded a handful of GTs with really exotic wheel flares. Those companies don't exist anymore and, with GT's now being pretty rare over there, it has fallen out of fashion to radically modify GTs.

We lost the member in Europe who used to know about and be able to find the super exotic kit stuff(Norbert Schnausse - RIP). The flares shown on the white car are seldom seen and I don't think any American car has them installed, the pic is probably of a European car and who knows how old the pic is. Most people install the big Steinmetz flares, but then you HAVE to get wide wheels to make them look right.

I'm going to start a discussion on my Facebook group to see if I can nail down all the different wheel flares that people have used and where they came from. I'll post the results here.
Thanks for the response Gordo! The flare discussion sounds like it could provide some interesting and helpful results.
Hi, I'm "Gordo".

I'm going to start a discussion on my Facebook group to see if I can nail down all the different wheel flares that people have used and where they came from. I'll post the results
Hi, I'm "Gordo".

Thanks Gordo! That sounds Ike a great discussion 👍 and should prove to be quite helpful to a lot of Opel GT enthusiasts.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
The feedback I have gotten so far about the arches on the white car is as follows:

"These were made in Belgium long time ago. A professional mould maker told me that you can use a mould 20 to 25 times and than you loose quality."

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,702 Posts
There are a number of GT body kit makers that aren't around anymore, so their kit pieces are now collectors items. "MORE Opel" is one company, they seem to have only made air dams. Zastrow made a whole kit with an unusual air dam, very hard to find a complete kit of their stuff. Zastrow stuff:

Plant Wood Table Floor Desk
Car Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts