Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weber 32/36 DGV that needs rebuilt. I dont trust myself enough to do it and I dont have all the right equipment to do it right. Is there anyone out there how will rebuild it for me? This is a project that will happen sometime before the year is up im sure, but to give an actual starting date i dont know. I need the entire carb rebuilt. If there is anyone out there let me know please, and a round about price would be nice as well.

Thanks a bunch,

Toby

· Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
The Weber downdrafts are remarkably simple. You basically get a rebuild kit, tear down the carburetor, clean everything well, re-assemble the carb with the new parts from the kit, set the float level, and that's it. No special tools should be needed.

Bob

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the last ime i rebuilt a carb, I had so many left over parts that is wasnt funy, The vehicle ran but got the worst gas mileage possible. I dont want that to happen here, not at the price of gas.

· Opeler
193 Posts
I haven't tried rebuilding a Weber, but my Solex had a sticking secondary, once it would open it wouldn't shut and you'd just rev until the engine would eat itself alive or you had to shut it off. I bought a rebuild kit from OGTS and gave it a crack. I'd never done a carb rebuild before and thought what's the worst I can do? End up with a broken Solex? It was already broken. I discovered a few things in the process. Mine was missing parts that were listed in the parts sheet that came with the rebuild kit. And the missing parts were not part of the kit. So I bought a cheap carb on eBay, stole the missing springs and screws, and voila, when reassembled the car ran fine. So I'd say buy a rebuild kit and give it a whirl. One thing I'd suggest is get a nice work bench and as you dissassemble the carb, lay all the parts out and label things. I had a nice neat row of screws and gaskets and stuff all in a nice row. Then when you reassemble you just put them back on in the reverse order. There are a lot of little screws and stuff in the carb and you don't want to mix them up. Good luck. :)

· Banned
3,910 Posts
seems there is a DVD of how to rebuild a DGV available for 5 bucks. Visual step by step done by a professional and documented. looks like video 5 bucks and rebuild kit ranges from 9 to 32 is alot cheaper than getting it done elsewhere and then pay to tune it, honest to god the search feature does work if you give it a try.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, you have talked me into it. I will rebuild it myself. When I do it though I will buy everything. What size jets does someone recommend (mains, airs, idles, and accelerator pump jet) the forums have me confused, there seems to be 800 different ones. And what the @#[email protected] is an emmulsion tube? What size does one use there?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.