Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· What's a Nopel?
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

· Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I know who George Foose is (Foose Engineering), he was an Opel customer from way back when I owned C & R. Can't recall having any issues with him when he was a customer of mine, I know he had started doing some hi-po Opel stuff locally and used to get some raw supplies from me.

Sounds like he is having the Opel alternators rebuilt with guts from a later model Bosch, I know others who've done it as well.

Other than these facts I can't say whether this is a good deal or not. His Ebay feedback seems pretty decent.

Bob

· Registered
6,344 Posts
Marc, run a search for GM one wire alternators and read the threads, you can get a 100 amp one for about 1/2 the price of the one you linked to on e-bay, do a minor amount of mods to the mounting setup and have a really high output alternator. Plus you eliminate the regulator because the GM has an internal regulator. HTH.

· What's a Nopel?
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

I did read those threads before and find the one wire solution to be a good alternative. But the intriguing part to me is that the alternator could fit in the stock location without modification AND get the higher output.

The cost of the eBay auction is a bit high... Not sure I'm willing to give up a my only alternator as a core yet either.

Thanks for the input.
Marc

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Marc said:
Not sure I'm willing to give up a my only alternator as a core yet either.

Thanks for the input.
Marc

Marc.

If you come to T.O.O. on Sept 17th, I can give you a spare alternator as a core if you need.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.