Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they aren't the best motor's around but they do make for good drivers. And availibility and price is good. The rear wheel drive setup is found in mustangs and Rangers. And 4 or 5 speeds in rangers are very common. Also the 2.3 turbo motor could provide very good amount of motivation for our cars.
I have a 2.0 in a ranger (basically a 2.3), 1988, still carbed, with a 5 speed, and it's slow, but not all that much slower than the opel as is, and it's probally 500 pounds heavier. So a mild performance rebuild and it would be a nice driver. Supposidly these motors can spin 8k if set up right. They can be found in FI, and carbed.

Anyone ever look into it before?

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Ive got Ford 2.3 rods in my GT. Does that count?

At Carlisle roughly 5 years ago a guy had two beautiful GTs, one with a Quad4 and another with a 2.3 Ford I believe. I've never been interested in engine swaps into a GT so I didn't look to close at how well it fit. Someone must have a picture somewhere...

-Travis

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
WOW!!!! a quad4 in a GT!!!! our 91 grand prix has a quad 4 rated for 245 horse, but it does have the HO head though but still a normal one has to be like 220 right? alotta go go for a GT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.