Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can rent a trailer (as opposed to a tow dolly) to move my Opel?? We're having "Starving Students" move us to our new house and now I need to find a way to get my Opel moved as well. We're in the San Diego area.
Thanks in Advance!
Robin
(aka sdopel36)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Robin, check out the rental truck agencies, or depending on how far you're going have a tow truck company move it. I had to have my old motorhome put on the back of a 40 feet tilt-bed and taken from Irvine to IB to El Cajon and the cost was $325, but that was about 8-10 years ago. Are you staying here inSANe DIEGO, or leaving the area?

Ron

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I hauled a '60 T-bird from Ohio to Boston on a flatbed from U-Haul. I think the total cost was just over $1,000 for the trailer and truck plus gas.

The GT is A LOT lighter (almost half) than the T-bird, so your gas costs should be lower

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
U-haul is a place.
Ryder another.
Budget
Penske
You should be able to find something in the Rental area of the yellow pages.

Most Rental facilities have a trailer you can use local. The national ones are more suited for pick up at one location and drop at another.

·
Opeler
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Hi all,
Thanks for the suggestions. We've talked to Budget and I've checked on Ryder and they only let you use their trailer when you rent a truck to pull it with. We don't want to rent a truck... we have Starving Students doing that part.. LOL. We just need a trailer to pull behind our Chevy Astro Van. I think Uhaul will do it...
We are staying in San Diego county. Just moving from LaMesa to Oceanside area.
Thanks for the help!
Robin
(aka sdopel36)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts