Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you probably still check in from time to time on the Yahoo ClassicOpels list. But for those who don't, and to try to drum up some interest, I've copied a message posted there by John Grosh.

It might make a nice day trip / shakedown cruise in preparation for Carlisle.

Let me know what you folks think.
Thanks,
Rick

Subject: Vintage car event in Hershey, PA on April 30, May 1

Mr. Wagner of the local Vintage Sports Car Club asked me to pass along news of their event which will be held in Hershey, PA (ChocolateTown USA) on the weekend of April 30, May 1. All Opel owners are invited and welcome. They would love to see us participate.
If you have trouble with the attachment, I've pasted the contents below.

----- Forwarded Message -----
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:37:27 EST
Subject: Hershey Vintage Hillclimb 2005

Attention: The Susquehanna Valley Vintage Sports Car Club has announced the dates for this year's Hershey Vintage Hillclimb. The event is on April 30 and May 1, 2005. Please share this information with your membership and include it on your club's calendar, it promises to be a great weekend.

If you have any questions regarding this year's event contact George Wagner, Hillclimb Chairman at [email protected]

Hope to see you at the Hill.

George

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Rick,
I'm in. It would be a great opportunity to get together and discuss last minute Carlisle plans. Not to mention the weather should be perfect for a nice spring time cruise. I've been to the hill climb a couple of times and it's a very fun and spectator friendly event. Anyone else???

Duane

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
What are the prerequisites to actually run the hillclimb? Just curious...

Bob

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Oh, Oh....
The bait:
opelgtguy said:
Subject: Hershey Vintage Hillclimb 2005
The result:
RallyBob said:
What are the prerequisites to actually run the hillclimb? Just curious...
The hook:
MantAscona said:
Bob, All of your questions should be answered here. Hope it helps. http://www.svvscc.org/hillclimb.htm
Duane
The result:
A new thread by RallyBob - "Getting the Hillclimb car ready for Hershey in 10 weeks or less" :D :D :D

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Opels, Hershey, Chocolate. Sounds like a win-win situation. I might be up for this. I will check my calander. I just got the car back from the body shop(minor bubble repair) and it is ready for a nice outing

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
IF and thats a BIG IF, the Manta is ready, I may just come up.. If its not then I will be elbows and a-holes geting it done.

Charles

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Gary said:
A new thread by RallyBob - "Getting the Hillclimb car ready for Hershey in 10 weeks or less"
Hey now.....let's play nice! :p

Actually the GT4 Manta is vintage-eligible. But still too much work to do. I was just inquiring....for next year.

Bob

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Aw Nuts!!!! I just checked my calander. I have to be in Valley Forge National Park for an theraputic riding stable fundraiser on May 1st. It is their biggest fund raiser of the year. This stable helps kids and adults with physical and mental challanges. I've been doing it for past 10 years. It is like Carlisle, but with horses. You get to meet all styles of people riding english, western, Austrialian Outback, etc. These people are just like this group. They don't care how you ride, they just like people with a common interest. And just like our group, whenever our stable gets together, there is lots of food(sorry, no beer). Always a good time. Since I'm part of the fundraiser, I get to meet every rider and horse. Once my favorite horse(owned by the theraputic stable), a palomino(yellow in color, hmmmm sense a pattern here!!) sheds out his winter coat, I want to get a picture of him, my GT and myself together. I will warn you, I do have english riding britches, which I will probably be wearing in this picture.

Sorry I got off topic a little.

The AACA(Antique Automobile Club of America Museum) is located in Hershey. I have never been there but here is their web address www.aacamuseum.org

Have fun in Hershey, see you at Carlisle

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

Hey Gang:
John Grosh just e-mailed an update for the Hershey Hillclimb:

Rick,
> I'll get more details later but already I'm thinking that I will
>skip the Hillclimb. The event runs $125 for the two days. > I talked to the organizer by phone today. They are only in the
>planning stages now. He will email me the info soon. I'll send it on to
>you.
>
>--John

I'd like to go for the day - probably Saturday - to "spectate" :cool: .
Anyone else interested ? I'll keep you posted.

Rick

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
I'll go for a day of spectating. Don't let the $125 fee scare you. It's for participation, not spectating. It's usually about $10 to watch the event. They do have "fun runs" up the hill available to anyone for about $15-20.

Duane

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Therapeutic riding . . .

Gary said:
@jlthunder - My wife has a Quarterhorse. Gives me plenty time on the weekends for golf and working on the Opels. ;)
So it's therapeutic . . . but for YOU, right Gary? ;)

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Gary;

Did you ever race the horse against any of your Opels??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts