Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using performance ignition module?

Hi,

I have a Mobelec ignition module that was on a 1.9L GT

Does anyone know how it wires up?

Is anyone interested in it? I've got no use for it.

Thanks,

James

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
how much do you need for it? i am not sure how its hooked up but am wanting to experiment with different electronic ignition systems.

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
I moved this thread to the Ignition System Forum.

Wow, blast from my past! I had a Mobelec ignition in my GT back in about 1979. It had a little cap with four pins that slipped over the distributor shaft, and a Hall Effect transducer that "saw" the pins. Very similar to the Pertronix Ignitor. It worked great. For a while. Maybe two years. Then it developed an intermittent fault. It would suddenly refuse to create a spark, usually in the middle of a busy road. Then, just as suddenly, it would start to work again. I put up with that for about ten events, then switched back to the stock points.

I had kept mine around for a few years, but I think I must have thrown it away in a fit of house cleaning. As I recall, Mobelec went out of business just after I bought mine. I don't recall how it hooks up though, sorry.

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greensmurf20 said:
how much do you need for it? i am not sure how its hooked up but am wanting to experiment with different electronic ignition systems.
Make me an offer :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i may pass on this actually, i can't find anywhere on how to hook it up, maybe somebody here can figure it out and make use of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts