Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a use for a 1.1L motor with only 60,000 original miles? I just pulled it out of my GT. I bought the car a month ago, and finally have time to work on it. The guy i bought it from said it ran strong, but I have personally never ran the motor, and it has been sitting for 3 years since it has been run last. I pulled the motor out yesterday, and it is not locked up and seems to have great compression. Let me know

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,736 Posts
spdkilz02 said:
no kidding, that would be the perfect car to actually keep as it is. if u want a stronger running car, then keep that one and get another one with the 1.9
It must sound like overkill, but spdkilz02 is 100 % right!

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Well I'm not sure what exactly your plans are for the 1.1L GT but because of it's small motor EVERYTHING must be swapped out to handle a larger motor. You must upgrade the ENTIRE drivetrain/axles/brakes. So you would need a 1.9L gt to take those parts from anyway, unless you are planning on doing a custom upgrade to all of it (big $$$$$$).

Because of it's lightweight and peppy high compression motor, the 1.1L GT is a better driving and handling car than the later model 1.9L motors.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
Would you be interested in selling the entire drivetrain then?

I would buy the complete drivetrain so that I could convert a GT to 1.1L. The motor alone would not do much good unless I already had a 1.1L GT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.