Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year or so ago, there was some talk about people wanting ARP rod bolts for their Opels. Well, I had a chance to speak today with my old contact at ARP fasteners. He is willing to make another batch of these rod bolts for me, even though I'm no longer in the Opel parts business. I should have a firm price in a couple of days. Just wondered if anyone was interested in getting these at this point? I will also be contacting some people in Europe who may be interested in buying some. I speculate this will be between 10-20 sets total. These will fit all 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 2.0 and 2.2 litre Opel cam-in-head engines. They will not fit the 2.4 Opels, those rods use a different bolt altogether (I still have some of those however).

Bob Legere

·
648 Posts
Timing is everything! I would definitely want a set before I finish putting my new engine together. How long will it take them to build them?

Also, Bob, did you ever get any further on the S-10 clutch stud you wanted to make?

Bestus,
James--the parts freeloader

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know the time-frame either, that estimate should come when the price quote does.

As far as the clutch-stud, I have not done anything yet. The rod bolts only came up because I was having rod bolts made for another engine project (non-Opel) and I just casually mentioned having the Opel rod bolts made again. I need to order the blanks for the clutch studs but haven't made time yet.

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
What would be a ball park guess on the price for a set. Count me as "On the Fence". I could want 0, 1 or 2 price depending.

Paul

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
I would like to get a set too for the BOB2.4L motor that I want to build, assuming that the set doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They used to be $70 a set. I will find out shortly if the price is comparable to this.

Bob

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
I am in dire need of a set of new rod bolts.

If there are no more A.R.P rod bolts what is the corrrect size to look for? They list the 8mil for the 1.6 with 8valves but nothing for the 1.9. Is it the same?

Are the ones at OpelGT Source good enough to use on my 1.9 to 2.4 with the chevy pistons? Are there any other recomended sources here in the USA for a street engine?

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, the CIH Opel uses 9 mm bolts, not 8 mm. ARP does not list the CIH bolts, as they are a special order item.

There are no other US market bolts available. There's the OEM Opel bolts, and some German heavy duty bolts (Kamax, very expensive), and the ARP bolts. That's about it.

As I said before, I am waiting on the news of pricing for another production run of the ARP bolts. I'll post it here as soon as I hear something.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts