Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
You'd think that at 46 I would be smarter but I guess not

Tonight I purchased a rolling body shell of a 1980 Ascona 2.0 D, yup, that's right, this car once had a diesel engine. Essentially it's been gutted but all the Ascona specific parts come with the car and since I have everything else I need from the 1986 Manta GSi I scrapped a few years ago I should be all set. It's 99% rust free, which is very rare here in Norway, and (hopefully) explains why I paid the princely sum of 1500 dollars for it and still believe I made the "deal of a lifetime"

:haha:

Anyway, I'm going to try and recreate the car I had 20 years ago, only this time I have an engine that will give it a bit more omph, something I couldn't afford back then

Yes I will post pics for those interested as soon as we're able to extract the car from it's tiny garage

One of our members from Europe, GS2.8, has been kind enough to keep an eye out for possible project cars in Germany as I was willing to travel a bit to find a decent body, but as it happens the car I bought tonight belonged to the brother of an old friend of mine and is located less than a mile from where I live, that saves a bit on the fuel bill when we go to pick it up :cool:

Anyway, I'll probably be starting on the project after New Years and I'll try to update with pics and stuff as I go along. I will also be tearing down my 2.7 as it's been sitting for a few years and I want to freshen it up before putting in, if there's any interest in pics or measurements on anything specifically in regards to the engine, this a Mantzel 2.7 from 1996, let me know and I'll do what I can

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
You'd think that at 46 I would be smarter but I guess not

.. It's 99% rust free, which is very rare here in Norway, and (hopefully) explains why I paid the princely sum of 1500 dollars for it and still believe I made the "deal of a lifetime"

Yes I will post pics for those interested as soon as we're able to extract the car from it's tiny garage

Anyway, I'll probably be starting on the project after New Years and I'll try to update with pics and stuff as I go along. I will also be tearing down my 2.7 as it's been sitting for a few years and I want to freshen it up before putting in, if there's any interest in pics or measurements on anything specifically in regards to the engine, this a Mantzel 2.7 from 1996, let me know and I'll do what I can
Sounds like a great find there Goy!
Have fun and enjoy the newest project.
Pictures oh yes please. Measurements of the 2.7 c/c rod and c/h if you get a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts