Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want to dissassemble the wiper transmission of my Ascona, for cleaning and inspection of Parts!
I must need to remove the "heater housing" ?

1590078249230.png
Thanks

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,633 Posts
Yes, there is a sealer that holds it to the firewall. You just have to very carefully pry the heater housing slowly away from the firewall to break that sealer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I missed a screw, on the driver side is free, this is not the case on the passegenger side.
Can someone help to get a picture of the housing itself?
Thanks in advance.
Fernando

1590134303878.png

·
Super Moderator
13,461 Posts
The housing is separated from the firewall, the problem is on the bottom, now!😠
Did you disconnect from the wiper mechanism?

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,633 Posts
The arms that connect to the motor are indeed inside; they need to be disconnected. I guess we did not 100% understand what you were doing. I think of the 'transmission' as the gears are that part of the motor assembly.

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,633 Posts
If it like most of these wiper units on cars of that time, there are some gears inside the motor assembly with grease that gets old and dry. You have to partially disassemble the motor for that. This can be a large part of the 'slow'. You have to disconnect the arms from the motor from the inside IIRC. (It has been many years since I was in that part of one of these cars!)

And then there are the arms from the motors to the wiper shafts and their bushings that are mounted in the cowling. Those can wear and need lubrication. Most of that is inside the car, behind the dashboard area.

·
Super Moderator
13,461 Posts
I'm trying to remove the instruments cluster, I think it's almost done!
I must disconnect the speedometer cable, but I can't acess it from the cluster, I need to disconnect it from the gear box?
Cheers
It can be reached by putting your hand under the dashboard, to the right of the steering column. It takes me 10 seconds to do it but I’ve taken apart 100’s of Opels so I’m very familiar with it.

Reactions: FReis

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It can be reached by putting your hand under the dashboard, to the right of the steering column. It takes me 10 seconds to do it but I’ve taken apart 100’s of Opels so I’m very familiar with it.
The cable was not loose enough, I released it and it was peaceful!
Time for entertainment:)🍺

Thanks to all

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 09.18.35.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 09.18.36.jpeg 20200526_094524.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts