Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ascona;
Good to see that someone else has the same tastes in cars. I did see the pic of your car till just now and I'll show you how similar ours are. Here's yours:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does yours have a factory sunroof? (kinda rare even in the Mantas, but, even more so in the Sedan, even in this country) aux lights, mirrors, paint, airdam ( yours looks to be the C&R one, mine is a KAMEI) BBS wheels? I'm about to swap my ENKEI's out for my BBS, off my GT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BQS4 said:
Does yours have a factory sunroof? (kinda rare even in the Mantas, but, even more so in the Sedan, even in this country) aux lights, mirrors, paint, airdam ( yours looks to be the C&R one, mine is a KAMEI) BBS wheels? I'm about to swap my ENKEI's out for my BBS, off my GT.
Not factory. I had a C&R on my first one back in the 80's(drunk driver totaled it). This one I bought from a guy in long Island and it looks identical to the C&R I used to have. This car is from Ca.
I have the 13" BBS baskets off a 320iS. I also have 14" Pana minilites, 14" Enkei gold baskets, and Minilite 13's.
This car has 5-speed Getrag, Recarros,S.S. exhaust, Fittipaldi wheel, lowered, brand new Weber 32/36. The engine is bigger than the 1900. I beleive it's a 2.0L, which is the same block, but with either bigger pistons or a longer stroke. RallyBob would know.
I have a '72 2002, '82 320i(s), and the '75 Ascona. I change the wheels around from time to time when I get board. I also have all the bigger brake parts off a '77 320iS (along with mid-'80's Volvo 240 ATE 4 piston calipers). I am debating putting the bigger brakes on the '72 02 or the Ascona.
I guess when I get 10 or more posts, I can post pics?????
Does anyone know the front hub diameter for my '75??

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too, have the BBS from the 320i BMW, but, I also have a set of 13X7 American Racing Libres, but, they will end up on my GT, and the BBS are going on my Wagon. I have a 5-spd waiting in Belgium, just have to get the money together to pay for the shipping. I also have Recaros in my Sportwagon, but, the adaptors are ones I made out of the stock seats. The mimic the actual Recaro adaptors. I also have a weber 32/36 and a custom 2" exhaust. I have a Nardi wood steering wheel on mine
http://www.opelgt.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1449&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 here's the link to the picture of my "wood" dash I made. I also installed a 17X35 flip up sunroof from JC Whitney. I also have someone designing a special "Sportwagon" decal for the side of the Wagon, a lot different from the stock Sportwagon decal.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have more on my laptop at home, I can send you, or post here. There's a couple of rear end shots where the owner put actual Manta tail lights in it. There's a few shots of the interior too. There's also the Sportwagon/Manta, which I REALLY love. I can't do it to my current Sportwagon, as it's in too good of shape. I'd like to find a Sportwagon with front end damage to do the Sportwagon/Manta

·
Registered
39 Posts
BQS4 said:
I have more on my laptop at home, I can send you, or post here. There's a couple of rear end shots where the owner put actual Manta tail lights in it. There's a few shots of the interior too. There's also the Sportwagon/Manta, which I REALLY love. I can't do it to my current Sportwagon, as it's in too good of shape. I'd like to find a Sportwagon with front end damage to do the Sportwagon/Manta
I'd love to see those pics! My email: [email protected].
I would leave the orig. Ascona lights. I agree...my Ascona is also in excellent cond.-> I would touch it.
I saw a Sportwagon on ebay a couple weeks ago, going cheap!

Also: Any link on that Mantascona??:D

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, no links as these were of a car that was for sale on the German EBAY, sometime back. I did download all the pictures off the auction, and I have them at home.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Paul said:
His Air Dam looks like the "Flex Dam" that Parts & Polish used to sell back in the late 70's.

Paul
OK, I want this for an entirely different reason so, anyone know of a current source for that "Flex Dam" material for use on my Bitter? I bought some for my original '73 GT from them but no-one seems to carry it anymore.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Otto;
I have never seen a flex-dam up close, but, is the stuff you're looking for similar to truckers use on their mud flaps? Or could you possibly use an stock airdam from something like a Chevy 1/2 ton truckor something like that?

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Flex Dam Rubber Skirt

The rubber skirt on the flex dam is a "finished" type of rubber, has a slick shinny appearance. The one I bought for my Manta also had a separate, heavy clear flexable but stiff, plastic piece that was sandwiched in behind the black rubber skirt to give added high speed stiffness.

While working at school bus company many years ago, I happened into a small roll of rubber that is used as flooring in school bussess. This stuff was the same thickness, 1/8 inch, as the rubber skirt and the same shine. I used it to make some side skirts.

Combined with the air dam, they REALLY improved high speed cornering, 95+ MPH, thru the Ozark Mtns. Oh those were the days. If I'd just known about the engine mods to the CIH I know now.......... I'd probably not be here right now............

Paul

·
333 Posts
I have one of these that I bought for parts. It is in very bad shape, open the hood and you can see the seats. If anyone wants parts off of it I would let them go VERY cheap....free if you want to come pull them. The only thing that I am keeping off the car is the drive line and some other small bits. My e-mail is screwing up so leave a message here and I will see if the part in question is available. Doors,glass interior is in realy good shape. If no one wants any parts it will go off to the crusher after the parts I want get pulled. It is in my barn now so I can get good pics without all the snow on it.

·
333 Posts
I have posted the pics of the car....if anyone wants anything off of it just drop me a note. If no one wants anything off of it it is off to the crusher as soon as I get the engine tranny and rear end pulled. If I don't have to pull the part you can have it for free. The car is in the Kansas City area.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts