Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
66-67

That's a '66 or '67 Kadett Sport coupe, which is the same as a Rallye model that year without the paint, lights, guages, and other stuff. It has the 1.1 Litre motor with dual carbs, roughly 53hp, and is even the same color as mine.

That year is too old to have had the VIN plate on the dash, so you will have to look at the aluminum plate on the passenger's side of the firewall, behind the battery and next to the heater box or stamped into the sheet medal of the nose of the car by the passenger's side top edge of the radiator.
Is it for sale? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Kadett VIN

oldopelguy said:
That's a '66 or '67 Kadett Sport coupe, which is the same as a Rallye model that year without the paint, lights, guages, and other stuff. It has the 1.1 Litre motor with dual carbs, roughly 53hp, and is even the same color as mine.

That year is too old to have had the VIN plate on the dash, so you will have to look at the aluminum plate on the passenger's side of the firewall, behind the battery and next to the heater box or stamped into the sheet medal of the nose of the car by the passenger's side top edge of the radiator.
More specifically:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oldopelguy said:

Thanks for the information on where to find the VIN numbers on the Kadett. The weather has been bad here for the past two days but maybe today I can get down to the car and see what I can find.

I was not sure if you were serious about the car being for sale, but yes it is. The car was given to me recently and I have no title for it. As far as I know, the car does not run although the engine (and tranny?) are still present. It has the dual single-barrel(?) Solex carbs. I have not located the hood nor does it have wheels and tires on it. If I cannot sell the car whole, I will probably try to part it out. Make me an offer but please realize I can't deliver the car. I will try to answer any questions about the car that I am able and am willing to post a website with more photos if this would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VIN Found!

oldopelguy said:

As they like to say out here in Texas, "Had it been a snake..." The little aluminum tag was right up near the firewall. The VIN is 320891820. Is there a way to tell what year the car is from this?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Yep!

The "32" is the "Chasis Model Number" and is for a 2 Door Sport Coupe'

The rest of the VIN Number is the Serial Number for the car.

1966 2 Door Coupe's started at Chasis Number 0650742

1967 2 Door "Sports" Coupe's started at Chasis Number 0957662

So your one with a Chasis Number of 0891820 falls between these two numbers so is a 1966 2 Door Coupe'

Info from Buick Motor Division "OPEL and GT PARTS BOOK" Effective July,1974

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.