Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Opel Folks,
The August Greater Milwaukee Opels meeting will be Saturday, August 6 at noon. That date seemed to work well for most of those polled. Any and all Opelers are welcome :) !!

I'll have a traditional Sheboygan Brat Fry set up for us for lunch, we'll share the latest Opel news, and then we can dig in to strip the "metallic pea" '74 Manta afterwards. I'm hoping to save the glass, lights & trim, bumpers, a few interior things, engine compartment accessories, possibly some suspension parts, maybe the head, etc. Gerry came over and we determined that the block is frozen, so we won't be pulling the engine itself unless ayone needs a unique boat anchor :rolleyes: . A cruise to Wayne's or Culver's for custard or whatever could wrap up the day.

I'm in Mequon (just north of Milwaukee) at 11224 N. Vega Avenue. From I-43, take Mequon Road (Hwy 167) and head west several miles (about 6-8 minutes). When you pass Sommer's Buick/Pontiac/Subaru, you're getting close. Continue past the Wauwatosa Road stop light (Wauwatosa Road is also Hwy 181 and is 76th street in Milwaukee) and take the second right, which is Vega Avenue (what would be 78th street in Milwaukee). I'm the first house on the right, with big willow trees in front.

From the west, take 107th street/Granville Road (if coming form the south, exit at Good Hope Road east and make the first left onto 107th street going north) or Hwy 45 (if coming from the north) to Mequon Road (Hwy 167) and head east to Vega Avenue. If you get to the Mobil station at Wauawatosa Road (Hwy 181 / 76th street) you've gone too far.

Phone number here is 262-238-1873.

Hope to see you then!
-Jeff Widder

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys!

We had four Opels at the August GMO meeting - '73 Manta, '74 Manta to be stripped, '74 Ascona Wagon, and '75 Manta. We were able to get quite a few parts off the '74, and I appreciate the help. :D My wife really appreciates that the green monster is one step closer to being gone from the driveway! Some parts are going right onto my Mantas, others being stored for when they might be needed. We took off engine components, glass, electrical, body parts, trim, etc. The interior is shot, engine block frozen, and body rusted out, so some things won't be saved.

I uploaded 3 photos in the events section of the photo gallery. Check them out once they're up. See ya'all in September!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts