Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran with a bunch of rabbits/gtis and a beetle. FSP class. Managed a best time of 121.0xx just .4sec off the leader, managed a very close third place, in fact 4th was .12 off of me. Good competition when 1-4 out of 10 or 12 cars are only 1/2 second apart!

Too bad we have to wait a month between races =(

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
468 Posts
I am running SCCA Solo2 as FSP meaning class F Street Prepared. Basicly some suspension modifications but with a stock engine. And header and weber carb. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked at porche club, only events here are put on by bmw cca and they run a few hundred for the event =( between tires and the entry fee that is an expensive day.

I run in FSP like okieopel. Our club is a little more lax on the rules than they should be... I run a cam, big valves, mild porting and polishing, high compression pistons and a stripped interior along with all of the allowed modifications. They should really move about 1/2 of the class to a prepared category.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
468 Posts
Getting more seat time

Yes, sounds like you should be in Prepared Class for Solo2. If the PCA web site is of no help, ask one of the Porsche guys at the next SCCA event. Or ask some one in your local SCCA chapter for suggestions on how to get more seat time. I have found that the folks who do Solo2 are willing to share knowlege freely as long as you will lend a hand when needed.
Do you know what BMW stands for? Bitch Moan and Whine. Nuff said.

Here is a PCA web page for Washington State (one of them).
http://pnwr.pca.org/default.asp

·
648 Posts
But remember that lovely gray area line in the SCCA rule book concerning out of production cars---"a part of any origin but as simailar as possible to the original may be substituted".

Now I don't want to come across as a cheater, but I do plan to continue running my GT in FSP, but only at our local events, not at regionals or any other important points events. This might help equalize the 30 years technology difference between the GT and the other competitors!

Jc

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it actually wasn't as close as I thought... The first place FSP had me by over 1 second, but if I hadn't hit that one cone I'd have been first =(

On a side note, If I was placed in the proper category, E-Prepared, I would have come in second out of six. There were actually 15 in FSP! Way more than I thought.

·
648 Posts
Has anyone tried running their GT in SM2? I know this class is geared more towards the 2 seat Rice Burners, such as the CRX. I'm not sure about what they allow in engine mods though. I need a new rule book.
Jc

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our club groups SM and SM2 together. We have WRX's, GTIs, DSMs and Hondas mostly in that class. Looking at the results I would have placed a sad 8th out of 13 if I were in SM here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts