Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought anything from these guys? I must have a while ago, I got an e-mail from them for 10% off my next order.

They have parts for Opels and their prices are very good. For example, Lower Ball joints for a GT range from 23.40 - 58.80 and they have several prices inbetween. The one they have a pic for is 32 bucks. OGTS price is $55.

Also,

OGTS Autopartsgiant
Inner Tie Rod $65 $46.23
Outer Tie Rod $35 $23.66

I'd prefer to give my business to OGTS, but with that much of a price difference.... If I bought all new ball joints (upper and lower) and tie rods (inner and outer) OGTS would be $400 and APG would be $238.38 What a HUGE difference!!!! PLUS, I'd save $23 for my additional 10% discount!!! Thats $185 difference for the same parts.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
APG is very inconsistant with parts.. for instence I bought 3 masters, and some calipers from them.. all had hard seals, and either didnt work or didn't work right. Case in point is my sticking calipers on my Manta I have to replace.

Also you will order parts from them, they will charge your card and then 2 weeks later credit your account and tell you they can't get the parts. This is especially true for hard to get parts like suspension, brakes, and engine. I would say the chances of actually getting the parts after you order are about 50%. Getting good rebuilt parts (masters and such) is even less. I ordered a starter and the first one came in a perfect box, no shipping damage, inside was a starter with a selonoid broke in two. Can't count how many times I ordered engine (bearings, etc..), suspension parts (Ball joints,shocks,etc.), and brake parts (Rotors,etc.) that they listed, to have them not come or get a box with half the parts I expected in it.

On the other hand you have OGTS, who guarantees thier parts, has good stock, and quick shipping. Yes it may cost a extra $20-$50 but you save grief aggravation, and actually get the parts.

Remember once APG is out of Opel parts they won't get anymore. By ordering from OGTS you insure parts for all our cars in the future because he will restock when he runs out of parts. If he can't restock, then he reproduces them for us. An example of that is Gil just reproduced the upper ball joints because they were not available in Germany anymore (and pretty sure you will find that APG probably doesn't have them, only lists them).

You get what you pay for.

Charles

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, here is just another PERFECT example of what makes this site so valuable. What you say makes perfect sense Charles AND it is also why I prefer to order from OGTS. Not just to support a business that is dedicated to our cars, but so that those parts will be made readily available to us when we do need them.

Thanks for your input and possibly for saving me a bunch of grief.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
No problem..

You see when I started GoinManta and had a few online sources for parts. APG was my primary source, along with a website called autowhiz that searched a lot of these similar websites. (Autowhiz.com has since gone under).

It worked fine for about a year or so.. then I started getting call backs on the parts, or the parts would never show up to even ship out, etc.. Once I got some lower ball joints for a Manta, apparently the grease was hard and the ball joint failed 6 months later on my Manta and a customers car.

So I gave up and pulled all those parts off my website and went to doing specifically Manta specialty parts and left the mechanical parts to Gil.

Then the Euro went up %80 and killed that as well.. call me lucky.

Charles

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, word of mouth is the best kind of ... (well, in their care, the worst) advertising. Thanks for the input.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
do the ball joints,you wont be sorry

tom: i think there is another option to stick to a budget :

do the press in lower ball joints now,while you got the suspension apart...

but if you want delay the upper ball joints, i believe they can be done much easier, since they bolt in, with the A arm still in postion, you may be able to do the uppers later, but not the lowers..someone else can correct me if i am wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts