Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently, AutoZone has the LOADED calipers available for next day order for $67 for the pair.

Has anyone purchased these calipers yet? I am looking for something to ge tme through this year until I can get the better ones. BTW - I cross referenced the calipers with 1974 listings and they are one and the same.

·
Super Moderator
14,142 Posts
Excelsior said:
BTW - I cros referenced the calipers with 1974 listings and they are one and the same.
Which ones did you cross reference? There were essentially 4 types of calipers for US Opels. The small-piston Kadett calipers, the GT calipers...which are identical to the Kadett calipers in terms of the fluid inlet locations but have larger pistons, the Manta/Ascona calipers from 1971-1974 which are identical to the GT in terms of pistons but have an alternate fluid inlet location, and then the 1975 Manta/Ascona calipers, which have yet another fluid inlet type (10 mm x 1.00, but a regular flare....all other Opels use inverted flare) and are sized for larger pads and thicker rotors.

Bob

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I crossed the listings for the 1975 and 1974 Manta as well as the Luxus model in each. I will call back and check what other cars these list available for.

·
Super Moderator
14,142 Posts
Boy, I hate the parts books of most auto parts stores...they're so off-base usually. They even make up their own models sometimes! I've seen Kadett GT's, Manta GT's, 1977 GT's, etc.

1974 and 1975 are definitely different. They have different calipers, different rotors, different pads, different pad hardware.
And there's no 1975 Luxus, at least not in North America. Oh well, I give the major chains kudos just for trying to carry parts for OGCWNRV's (Old German Cars With No Resale Value)......:D

Bob

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called NAPA and their price is $50 per and a $30 core charge. The part number IS different between the 1974 and 1975, but they cannot get the rotors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts