Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
What's a Nopel?
351 Posts
Hi Bob,
Glad to hear you are on the mend and I hope soon fully back to 100%.
All the best!
Marc

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Sorry to hear the problems you are facing Bob. You will be added to my prayer list my friend.
Hope the process goes quicker and with great success. Summer is upon us and you need to be
out driving in your Opel :)

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Dan, are you still planning to go on a road trip this summer? I know that many plans have gotten changed, My offer is still open if you are going on the road trip.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I got a good MRI, no infection to worry about this time. The doctor is organizing the team that will do the operation, so by the end of the month I should be ready to go again. If not the end of this month, it will be in August. I have crossed fingers, but after talking to the doctor everything is under control.

Bob

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Bob I echo JudokaJohn "that's good news" I will continue to keep you in my prayers for a successful operation with a speedy recovery. Your kind offer is a reflection of the person you are which is generous. Unfortunately, due to all the uncertainty of the near future, the road trip is postponed for hopefully next summer. Keep us posted on your progress Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Dan I understand, hard to go anywhere under these circumstances. The offer is open when ever you feel that it's safe to make the trip, just let know when.

I am a show chair for our art club and we have to rely on Zoom to have our board meeting. We are going to have it next Saturday, it will be a first for me. This year was the 50th anniversary, you just never know how things will go. We canceled the show (in Sacramento) the hotel decided to give us a break and not charge us for the show space, that was close to $12,000.00 with no room nights it would have been more. Oh well, there is always next year.

Bob

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey Bob... great to hear that the infection is gone. We'll be watching for good news after your next operation.

A relative sent me information on focused ultrasound for treating essential tremor. I'm guessing you looked into that? Relatively new procedure it appears but the "no surgery" outpatient aspect of it looks appealing to me. I guess I'm still a few years away from having to do something about my tremors, so maybe they'll have any bugs worked out before my time in the barrel comes.

Cam

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dan I understand, hard to go anywhere under these circumstances. The offer is open when ever you feel that it's safe to make the trip, just let know when.

I am a show chair for our art club and we have to rely on Zoom to have our board meeting. We are going to have it next Saturday, it will be a first for me. This year was the 50th anniversary, you just never know how things will go. We canceled the show (in Sacramento) the hotel decided to give us a break and not charge us for the show space, that was close to $12,000.00 with no room nights it would have been more. Oh well, there is always next year.

Bob
Make sure you have a good set of speakers or headset for your Zoom meeting. Hearing what people are saying, often they have poor microphones or slow connections speeds which makes it harder, improves the experience.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Cam, I went to Stanford (one of the only hospitals that does the focused ultrasound) I was surprised to hear two neurosurgeons say "there are a couple things they didn't tell you about the focused ultrasound". First, they can only do one side, so you have to choose the side that is going to be steady. (Right side of the brain controls the left side of the body) Then they said that 50% of the people that had it done, only had relief for about 5 years, then the tremors came back and there is nothing else they can do. The last thing they said that total cost for the focused ultrasound would run about $30,000.00 for the operation, and Medicare doesn't pay a dime on the procedure. Needless to say I said no thanks. I understand from my present doctor that my infection is rare and almost non-extant. Well I go in next Friday (the 21st.) for the operation, hope to back on the forum after the operation. I don't know which is worst, the pandemic rules at the hospital or the infection. Life was not meant to be shaking all the time, and being able to get nothing done. I can't work on my GT and I can't do what I love most, carving birds. Hopefully everything will come out right. I have Medicare and the supplemental insurance, so it doesn't cost me anything, even the second try at it!

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Timbo, didn't get too far with Zoom for the meeting. I forgot that I needed a camera and speakers, both of whech I have, but not hooked up to my computer. Oh well it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Bob

·
Über Genius
9,026 Posts
Timbo, did get too far with Zoom for the meeting. I forgot that I needed a camera and speakers, both of whech I have, but not hooked up to my computer. Oh well it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Bob
Think positive. Feel positive!!

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Sorry to hear your current situation Bob, I will be praying for a successful operation and quick recovery. Definitely looking forward to you getting back to enjoying your GT and carving.
Godspeed my friend.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts