Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Wishing you all the luck in the world, Bob! I have a feeling you'll be back to carving birds in no time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Timbo, didn't get too far with Zoom for the meeting. I forgot that I needed a camera and speakers, both of whech I have, but not hooked up to my computer. Oh well it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Bob
I'm not a fan of Zoom meetings but it is the way business is done these days. A set of speakers worked well for me and allowed me to hear which is a growing problem. My wife had her annual doctor's visit using Zoom. That clearly is a waste of time.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Timbo, I had a doctors appointment and they wanted to set up a Zoom account meeting. I told them no, and then got in to see the doctor as scheduled. They check everyone coming into the doctors office, seems that the "zoom" part is a bunch of, well you know. I am getting too old to try new things, especially if I have to screw around with the "app" for a couple hours. Just talk to me in person.

Bob

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was recently part of a national working group that in the past would have gotten together at a hotel someplace and talked things out for a couple of days. We had four Zoom meetings to work up some recommendations instead. When it was over, it was clear that without the time usually spent talking at meals, breaks and at the bar at night we missed many items that didn't come up but would have otherwise. Good thing it is only temporary (a year or two) and after we all shoot-up things will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well I saw the doctor that is going to do the operation. They will be taking all kind of precautions so the infection can't do what it did last time. I will be taking antibiotics for a week at home so there won't be any infection. I am going to take the pills orally so I don't have to be in the rehab hospital. Glad I saw him today, eased my mind a little bit. This Covet 19 is the only thing that bothers me right now. No, I don't have it, but all the tests are a pain in the nose. Good Lord, I thought the lady that was doing the test was trying to scrape my brain instead of my nose. I let out a scream towards the end, that helped.

Bob

·
Über Genius
9,024 Posts
Well I saw the doctor that is going to do the operation. They will be taking all kind of precautions so the infection can't do what it did last time. I will be taking antibiotics for a week at home so there won't be any infection. I am going to take the pills orally so I don't have to be in the rehab hospital. Glad I saw him today, eased my mind a little bit. This Covet 19 is the only thing that bothers me right now. No, I don't have it, but all the tests are a pain in the nose. Good Lord, I thought the lady that was doing the test was trying to scrape my brain instead of my nose. I let out a scream towards the end, that helped.

Bob
I feel for you.
Today I went to the doc and all they did was take my temp and ask questions. No nasal swab, thank goodness.
I ended up having a little surgery but nothing close to my brain.

They sent me home with instructions and said if I needed help with my dressings they could change them in the parking lot.

The Covid precautions for a major surgery are probably insane.

·
Administrator
10,066 Posts
Best of luck Bob! Hoping for good results.
I went for a Covid test when I got back from Carlisle. Not because I thought I was exposed but just to make sure I was not passing something on to family and friends. It was not the tickle your brain test.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got the results of the Covet 19 test, thank God it was negative. Had my MRI today also, had to leave the house at 4 AM to get to Reno (about 80 miles) at 6 AM. Got all the paper work done then waited until 10 AM, then had my MRI. I had to be sedated to do the MRI, but they said that everything looked great, So now it on to the actual surgery next Thursday. Then on the next month for the controller that goes in my chest, much like a pace maker, but on the other side of the chest. So everything looks good so far. I guess I am writing this because it helps me deal with the operation.

Bob

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
We're sending good vibes from here. I hear you on the MRI, as a claustrophobe I need a valium to go in that tube. Prayers for a successful outcome!

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
Definitely not something that is fun to go through Bob. Will be continuing to lift you up in prayers for a successful operation and quick recovery. Got to see you healthy again for a long life of Opeling :)
Take care my friend.

Reactions: tealcarver

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks to all on the forum for your well wishes and support. I have several appointments with my doctor after my surgery because the infection. I have taken a shower with anti Bacterial soap and I did this starting yesterday. The doctor said to eat a lot of protein and vitamin C. So I am doing that now. the operation is this coming Thursday, (Then ICU for the night) I will be released on Friday about noon. One more operation after that (the controller) then it's easy street.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Thanks Matt, you are right they really are wizards . I am not worried about the doctor having success this time. Thanks for the support.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Well today was operation day, totally changed the way they did things. got a prescription for two antibiotics, never got any before. It appears that they change the procedure for the operation, can't explain it, but definitely different . the last operation is in September, so I am good until September, I is only a two hour operation so they don't even keep you over night. I am pretty sure the changes were made on the count of me, I really don't care as long as it works for everybody. If you have tremors don't be afraid of the operation. It brings a sense of normality to your life.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Had the second stage of the operations done today. Didn't have to stay overnight (yeah).Got a load of antibiotics to take for 10 days, so that should take care of the problems with infections. Also got a pain reliever , don't usually get anything for pain, but this time it really hurt. So now it's just passing the time (two weeks of lifting under 10 pounds at a time, I am going to have to get used to this part). A whole bunch of "don't do's" . With my luck I have to make sure I am doing it right. Just glad to be alive.

Bob

·
Opeler
986 Posts
Had the second stage of the operations done today. Didn't have to stay overnight (yeah).Got a load of antibiotics to take for 10 days, so that should take care of the problems with infections. Also got a pain reliever , don't usually get anything for pain, but this time it really hurt. So now it's just passing the time (two weeks of lifting under 10 pounds at a time, I am going to have to get used to this part). A whole bunch of "don't do's" . With my luck I have to make sure I am doing it right. Just glad to be alive.

Bob
Glad to hear all went smooth. Try to enjoy your downtime, rest up and get ready to get back at stuff in a few weeks!

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks jayhawkjesse33, You are right, in my "down time " I plan on doing nothing that the doctor didn't order.

Bob

41 - 60 of 78 Posts