Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,049 Posts
I went to the doctor two days ago, there was a small problem so I had to go back today. the problem was I couldn't walk very far without losing my balance. The doctor made a couple adjustments and now everything is good. I can actually carve and paint. next step is to fix a couple things on the GT, now that I don't shake it will be easy. Can't wait to drive it again. It has been too long with the infection, 33 days in the hospital, and the second set of operations, so now everything is back to normal without the shakes. The bad part is no performance chips, I asked the doctor, he didn't know what I was talking about.

Bob
Yeah, SURE he didn't. :rolleyes::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks Jayhawkkesse33 it sure feels good not to have tremors, and it feels better that there are no infections. Like Dan said, I will be getting back to Opel business.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
First Opel 1981. All is well, so he can say anything he wants as long as I am still around.

Bob

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,932 Posts
I've been following this along TC. What the medical profession has been able to do for you is amazing. (And I don't like to use hyperbolic words, but 'amazing' is all that works for me .....) The idea of 'making a couple of adjustments' and now you don't lose your balance makes me think of the old TV show "The Six Million Dollar Man". :D

I hope this all keeps working for you!

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Manta Rallier: have to agree with on that one. Just for fun I am going to say how this whole procedure evolved. I was laying on the operating table just a few minutes away from the start of the operation. I asked the doctor how the procedure came about. He said that a French doctor was doing the same operation for something totally different. The doctor said he noticed that the patients tremors came to a stop when he moved the wires to a new position. He tried it out on several people with essential tremors and it worked. What a God send. It works for Parkinson's Disease, as long as there is something to work with, and even drug addicts are benefiting from the procedure, just recently a guy was hooked on Opioids and the found that putting the electrodes in a certain place in the brain, it stopped the guys craving for Opioids. It never ceases to amaze me the things that the doctors come up with . They really do things that were impossible yesterday.

Bob

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Great news, Bob! I was just talking to someone the other day about your previous experience with the infection and was wondering how the 2nd surgery went. Congrats on getting your life back! My girlfriend had brain surgery for a tumor 18 months ago and is fully recovered too. She needed a walker before surgery and couldn't sit in a chair without falling to one side. She's now walking 5 miles a day and everything's as it was before she got sick. You both sound like miracle cases to me.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Zippy7575 I am glad your girlfriend is doing well, sounds like she is doing great. It is amazing what doctors can do these days. Sounds like your girlfriend celebrates by walking five miles a day, that's really great news.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Zippy, You said that you were a victim of tremors. I hope you will take my suggestion and see a doctor about the essential tremors. The only thing you will have to do is to be sure that you are given antibiotics at least 3 weeks before your operation. My doctor gave them to me and also said I should eat high protein foods 3 weeks before your operation and Vitamin C capsules one in the morning and one in the evening. I chose cottage cheese, and whey for the protein part. It worked. No one should have to debilitated by the tremors. Easy operation when you get the antibiotics and the extra proteins. I haven't had even the slightest tremor since the adjustment on my stimulator.

Bob (in case you couldn't tell, I am now an advocate of the deep brain stimulator.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts