Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a titanic struggle to get the engine out..(4 hours after everything was discoed) Nevada valve train now has my engine. Back in Jan it ate a rocker when one of the Webers dropped a float on the trip out from St louis to LVwhich in turn caused the head gasket to go… My mom died in between and I haven’t had a chance to touch the green pig, which just sat and languished in the desert sun here in Las Vegas behind the shed in the backyard.

It seems the crew at NVT races Opel astra’s SIMMs online and at least knew what an Opel was. When they discovered that it had 30 over 305 Chevy pistons, Pontiac 400 springs and Chevy valves they even warmed up to the idea of working on it but the concept of CIH was beyond them they swear it is an overhead cam... oh well. Still they are going to hot tank it magna flux it and vacuum check it and put it back together and if the magna flux goes ok I am going to add roller rockers.

Since the wreched treacherous DCOE Weber 40ies saw fit to drop a float they are being banished and sold (with a new float and lots of spares) and they will be replaced with Weber 48ies or whatever else Pierce manifold can dig up unless someone here has something. Hopefully I can get it all back together and with a quick trip up to Opel GT source so they can peer at the wiring I might be able to point it east and head for Carisle if the house closes here on the 15 without a hitch..

Gary I haven’t fogoten your tires I will bring them with me

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Good to see ya back on-line. My condolences, calvin. Mom's are 99% great people. As for your "Green Pig" :eek: , that would make a interesting name for your license plate. If your really in a bind, I'll send ya some solex-parts ;) . Hope things turn out.
Barry
PS: still haven't installed the engine. May be moving soon (just a few miles though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts