Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again fellow Opelers;
Slowly settling in to our new home here in Halifax. Everything went smoothly with the movers except my Opel arrived a week later then it was supposed to. So much for their "guarenteed delivery date" (a letter if complaint is in the draft stages)! Imagine the things going through my mind when I phone the company to find out where my car was when the person on the other end said that it was in the "yard" in Montreal and they couldn't get it started! First thing was "what have those idiots done to my car!" When it arrived here in Halifax at the 3rd party towing company they had to manually remove it from the auto-hauler. Thankfully for them the car wasn't damaged.
When I arrived the battery was dead so I asked for a "boost", jumped in the car, pumped the peddle once or twice, turned the ignition and voila! No problem. Drove the car out of the back compound and up onto the flatbed truck for delivery to my house. Lesson learned. NEVER again will I have someone transport my car!
Here are some pics of my car's new home. Out of the "broom closest" in Ottawa to a "roomy 2 bay" in Halifax, which still shows signs of moving.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Welcome Back

Such dedication - moving all that way just to get a bigger garage for your GT :cool:
The transport company must be owned by French Canadians who employ Newfies! Yep - I have a sister who lives in Canada (so I know the jokes!).
Most car transport companies are pretty careful as they know they risk clients reacting with "extreme predudice" if anything happens to their car in transit .........

·
Super Moderator
5,601 Posts
Good to hear the move went well, except for the delay in getting the GT. Hey, now we have someone to visit in Halifax! How big is that house? :D

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith;
Definitely have room for you and Myrna any time. Would love to have you drop by for a visit. Graham dropped into Halifax, but I was down in Cape Breton on vacation. You and Myrna would love driving through there in Autumn.

GTJIM: That is a good one my friend and sometime a man's gotta do somethin' for his car. She was feeling cramped in the last cubicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts