Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im having problems with my rear windows in my kadett c coupe the little metal tabs that hold the window in and act as a hinge has come unstuck from the glass trying to stick it back doesnt work well not by me is there a way to sort this problem

cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
gouldie_kadett said:
hi im having problems with my rear windows in my kadett c coupe the little metal tabs that hold the window in and act as a hinge has come unstuck from the glass trying to stick it back doesnt work well not by me is there a way to sort this problem

cheers
Go to this site:
http://www.ysn.de/
Go to the home page, look on the left column and click on "spezialtiel", go to the bottom of the page, just about the guys installing the windshield on a gray Rekord and there your answer. I have 3 sets of these for Sportwagons I'm fixing and they work great. Just don't use the glue that is in the kit, get this from 3M : Ultrapro Trim & Emblem adhesive prt# 051135 08063 I had one set of these powder coated and installed on one Wagon and it's still working great even here in the hot Southern sun.
Gene

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
The Isuzu Imark (Kadett 'C' body) used brackets simular to the function of the GT but attached the same as the Kadett 'C' and other "B" pillar pop-out Opel windows, they drilled holes a fastener simular to the GT. I have attached scanned views of it. left is from the outside, right is from the inside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to this site:
http://www.ysn.de/
Go to the home page, look on the left column and click on "spezialtiel", go to the bottom of the page, just about the guys installing the windshield on a gray Rekord and there your answer. I have 3 sets of these for Sportwagons I'm fixing and they work great. Just don't use the glue that is in the kit, get this from 3M : Ultrapro Trim & Emblem adhesive prt# 051135 08063 I had one set of these powder coated and installed on one Wagon and it's still working great even here in the hot Southern sun.
Gene
this seems to be the best idea to solve the problem, are they good to deal with and what is the best way to order from them? cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
this seems to be the best idea to solve the problem, are they good to deal with and what is the best way to order from them? cheers
Just send them and e-mail stating that you want to order X amount of sets, and what address to send the $$$ to and send it, along with your return address and within 2-3 weeks, you can be in a nice breezy car!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have tried to send money to this man to get a set but it costs me 20 quid extra to send the money does anyone no of another way i can sort out my rear windows

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got the strips to put on but one question the windows are bent but the strips arent i take it i just bend the strips to the windows and where do the tabs go to?? cheers

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,896 Posts
I've got the same hinges from YSN, you have to bend the hinges in the curve of the window.
But I wouldn't use the glue YSN sent with the windows, it isn't enough to do the both of them.
I used a filling two component adhesif, cleaned the parts that were to be glued, marked were the hinges scould go on the window, filled the hinge with adhesif, and pressed the hinge onto the window, excess adhesif I removed later when the adhesif was what stiffend.
The window I did with the two component adhesif is still glued to the hinge, the other one glued with the SYN glue already let loose after 3-4 months.
The adhesif I used is from Bison and is a polyurethane resine with a hardner, I don't know if you can buy it were you live, but if you ask for a adhesif made of polyurethane resine with a hardner, it would do the job aswell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts