Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I finally aquired some new badging. However, due to some drasic mistakes I have made with my precious car, I refuse to do anything I am unsure of without consulting you guys first. I need to know how to take off and put on badging on the gt without damaging it (the car or the badge). Also, random side note, if any of you are multi opelers with olympias, please pm me. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't speak for all the badges, but I had to pull the badge off the nose last weekend for painting. There were no clips on the mounting posts, so I just took a body molly and tapped each post from the backside until I could get enough of a grip to pull it off. I made sure to maintain down-pressure on the sheetmetal from above to prevent damage.

-Bob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Last summer I pulled all the badging off a junker Manta that I had. All the badging pulled straight out from the body leaving behind rubber (?) grommets that the pins on the badging pressure-fit into. I would assume the GT would work the same way. Just go slow and easy. For stubborn badges I used a dull butter knife, with a wrap of electrical tape to prevent scratching, and gently pried up the edges of the badge until I could pull them out safely.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is what I am replacing, the fromt emblem. Mine was kinda crookedy bentity, and so I am sure the new one will make a world of difference. I just want to make sure I do it right so I dont hurt my precious. I shouldve asked for tips before my adventures with the starter soleoid which resulted in the whole starter getting trashed and several bruises and scratches when installing the new one as the bracket didnt fit and I discovered all the wiring sucks. Not to mention the temporary bruised ego when iowncalculus's dad decided I couldnt put in three bolts on my own. I proved him wrong pretty quick. Either way I would rather nothing else on that car get damaged....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Gary said:
When replacing the badges, you can use the insulation from some 12 or 14 ga wire. Strip the insulation and press it over the pins. Press in place.
I use the appropriate sized shrink tubing- heat it and then cover the shaft and tubing with hot glue. Stays put even in the Texas heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.