Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Opeler
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ball joint numbers

Are GT ball joints the same as Kadet 1.1 joints? AutopartsGiant has several part numbers for Moog, TRW, and AC Delco. I searched 1970 Opel GT and got 2 part #'s for lower and 2 for upper. However, their description for the application didn't match my search criteria.

Any experience with parts other than OGTS offers? I need them fast, and if my local parts house can get them in one day, that would be preferable to half a week.

· OPEL-LESS!!!
2,111 Posts
the GT source can same day air your parts to you, so they'll be there the next day for you. they can get it to you about as fast as your local parts place can if they dont have it in stock.

· Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Some Numbers ...

All the upper ball joints are the same Opel part number - 310807

However there are some differences with the lower ones:

69-73 GT - 352814

66-67 Kadett to Chasis No. 694058 - 352805 then 352806

1967 1/2 Kadett - 352809

68-70 Kadett - 352814 (same as GT)

The earlier Kadett lower ones have smaller tapers but I believe that the ball joints will fit in the lower A-arm and the spindle can be reamed out for the larger taper, later style. Anyone confirm that?

· Opeler
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know OGTS can ship overnight, but weight and speed equates to the price of another ball joint. I have ordered from them every week since early April. I was just hoping to grab some local parts from one of our huge parts warehouses here in Houston.

· Banned
3,910 Posts
The links I posted are for GT parts from CSK ( Checker, Shuks, Kragen and parts America too) I didn't check availability on them as it varies from area to area.

Yes Jim and "nobody" keeps a running list of addresses, names, contacts and phone numbers......honest, it looks like the Opel yellow pages. If I get stumped then I go to the Email list or the list from Ebay or Paypal.

· Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
You may want to read my post about Autopartsgiant.com, Charles has had less than a bad experience with them. If I were you, I'd call them first and get verbal verification that they actually DO have them in stock.

· Opeler
3,334 Posts
krewzer said:
Are GT ball joints the same as Kadet 1.1 joints? AutopartsGiant has several part numbers for Moog, TRW, and AC Delco. I searched 1970 Opel GT and got 2 part #'s for lower and 2 for upper. However, their description for the application didn't match my search criteria.

Any experience with parts other than OGTS offers? I need them fast, and if my local parts house can get them in one day, that would be preferable to half a week.
Heard several complaints with Owners not getting the correct parts from AutoPartsGiant. Then ... they had to pay return shipping for supplier's errors.
Had excellent results with www.partsamerica.com and of course OPGTS.
O'Reilly Auto Parts has been noted as good supplier, but none where I live.

· Idiot with a GT
154 Posts
FYI: Partsamerica.com is the search for Advance Auto Parts and Discount Auto Parts (if there are any left; Advance bought them).
For what what it's worth...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.