Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Im now in posession of a GT. There are good parts to this and bad.

Enging and trans seem perfect. Didnt beat on it but a trip around the block and few runs though the gears seemed to prove this. Has a weber installed it purrs at 750revs once warm. Ironically I know more about FI then carbs so this should be a fun learning experience.

Interior: very do-able. Dash has a tiny crack near the map tray. Headliner and carpet are easily replaced and installed. Seat and be refurbed or replaced.

Body: Upper Body is great no problems worth mentioning. Lower body=ugh. Belly Pan and lower half of rear panel need replacing. Floor pans need to be replaced. interior and exterior lower door frame panels need to be replaced. (you can see daylight :eek: ) . Rear fenders need light bondo work.

I know this will be wild speculation but what will something like this cost to repair? The private shop I am working with will let me do all the prep work to cut down on cost. I am wondering if this project is dead before it started? I am not looking for show quality I am just looking for a clean/respectable sunday driver. To save cost I am not even going to get new paint quoted just the body work.

Has any one else paid for some of these body repair and how much did it run? Specifically some of the key areas: Belly Pan replacement, Rear panel replacement, Floor and outer low door panel replacement. Let me know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.