Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opeler
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I seem to have worked my way into a problem. While I was replacing the master cylinder, I managed to strip the threads on the banjo fitting between the brake line and the master cylinder. I have been everywhere I can think of trying to find a replacement, but so far have had no luck. Does anyone out there know where I might be able to find one of these? Or should I just try to use a tap and cut new treads into the one I have? That seems like an easy solution, but I am worried that I will have to replace part of the brake line. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.;

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
you stripped the threads on the brass fitting its self rgiht? and are in need of one of those?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
ya thats what i said but i think he means the square brass fittings that go through the fittings on the end of the brake lines and screws into the master cylinder, and by the sounds of it he stripped the brass fitting but the MC is still ok.

·
Opeler
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah, the mc is ok, its that 90 degree thing that bolts to the mc that is messed up. i think i can run a soft line in its place, i was just not sure about the integrity of that kind of setup. If anyone has an extra banjo fitting, I'll reimburse you.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
536 Posts
I think you could find a used one from OGTS or OUltd. Some folks call it a Union and a Union Bolt others call it a banjo fitting.

·
149 Posts
A good source for unique and alternative metric items that I use are the motorcycle suppliers. Either the local shops or the mail order companies often carry everything from sparkplugs to braided PTFE brake line.

Darrin

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
you can do what the other guys said or i have some unions laying around

·
Opeler
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i think i fixed the problem. I managed to straighten out all (or most) of the threads, so it looks like everything is in order. thanks for all of your help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.