Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's what happens when you miss a full throttle power shift and instead of going second to third you go second to reverse.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
That's what happens when you miss a full throttle power shift and instead of going second to third you go second to reverse.
Beats me too, Got no idea really, just seemed cool to add a YouTube song. Some will get it tho, not those that replied to the YouTube, only 2 did. Jarrell

·
Registered
581 Posts
Will be interested to learn what added the twist to the rods. I do recall an incident when I was working for Texaco in South Jersey in about 1972 when there was a heavy rainstorm that flooded a traffic circle about a half-mile from the company's tank farm. One of Texaco's tank trucks entered the flooded area and immediately stalled out. Another truck came in and tried to push the first one along, but it too stalled. Both were diesels with the air intake at about bumper level and both intakes filled with water. The water got into the engine, filling the cylinders. Water is not compressible and the end result was several of the connecting rods were literally bent in a circular pattern around the crankshaft. I suppose there could be some twisting action there as well.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Replies from Facebook:

Kyler Norman - Those are clearly made for helicopter engines

Rob Cassidy - Mazda rotary pistons...

Rick Gradwell - Too much torque ��

Joel Figueroa - That happens when despite your better judgement you decide to say, “I do” and taken on more than you anticipated, things get rough, over heated and then you gotta decide to I fix it, or replace it?

Rally Bob - This was a little experiment done by Rene from the Opeltuner forum days. As I recall he clamped one end in a vise, then inserted a long steel bar through the other end, and twisted it.

Steve Menendez - Looks like failed torsion test samples.

Rally Bob Steve Menendez - Yup. Stock cast steel Opel rod on the far right, stock forged steel Opel rod in the middle, Chinese-made aftermarket billet Opel rod on the left.

Steve Menendez Rally Bob - maybe not a great test to simulate real-life stresses on a connecting rod, but interesting nonetheless.

Gary K Best - Little twisted humor

Goin Manta - Piston king pin snapped or what Bob said.

Rally Bob Goin Manta - I remember the video and the pics from when he did this test. His name is Rene Schraitl

Goin Manta Rally Bob - Didnt doubt you... ;)

Todd Kirby - Not rocket science, it just shows various methods to shorten the stroke.

Todd Martin I have some in the museum in a display case I have to show you

·
Über Genius
8,931 Posts
Those look like they were from the 80's.

Remember? When everyone used to say "why don't you sit on it and spin?!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts