OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and the rear

Attachments

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
That's a nice looking GT! That color rox! I was going to paint my car that color, but the wife asid NO...and I need my kitchen passes every once in a while!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, it did have some rot in the drivers side fender, damn mice made a nest in it and rotted it out, other than that, little bit on the bottom of the drivers door, rest is 100 percent rust free. in the process of trying to get the "after" pics of it up.......havin trouble.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres after the new paint

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tapered stripe

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the rear view

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chromed valve cover............20 bucks.

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
interior....need carpet bad, little dirty right now, so is the car.

Attachments

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Great!

That is serriously NICE! Love the way the blue stripe curves in from the "nostrils". Your hood and headlight covers line up real well (other GTs are often let down by lack of this detail)
The engine block in the colour of the stripe is a nice touch too!
Great chromed rocker cover ... $20 ... gee!

Congratulations - many of us followed your trials and tribulations and success with great interest. All the work was well worth it!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
seats, pretty nice after 33 years....

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks alot jim, my girlfriends dad works at a chrome shop, so i got a good deal, probably gonna give him my extra door handles and bumpers, and if we're still together hopefully i can give him my bumper int he winter while i'm not driving....illegal to drive without a bumper in MI

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Nicely done, g-smurf! If you have the cash, there's a place on the internet that sells a padded moulded carpet for a GT. Last price I got was about $250, Ga-run-teed to fit. I had the name but the work-computer police came and stripped all my Opel notes. I think I found it w/ yahoo search using "auto carpets".

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
semester report

Paint A+

Engine Bay A+

Exhaust View A+

Side View A+

Creativity A+

Before verses After A+

What is your consultation fee?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Old Hippi: i just need bottom carpet, the tunnel carpet and back carpet it great, so i'm just going to buy some flat unmoulded stuff and just replace the bottom, lay the edges under the tunnell carpet and the rocker panel carpet...can't afford the real carpet kits, i got 7 bucks, including my quarters...haha. need to get barrell clips to put my OPEL letters on the back, need rack and pinion boots too before i start to drive it, can you say pop bottle money? lol, funny to think i managed to actually get this thing together, thanks to my father for painting it for me, but he left the rest to me, like dismanteling, rebuilding engine,and putting it all back together. he did body work and shot the white and blue, did not touch the rest until i went to put the hood back on.

bucky: can't get you the paint, dad just wont paint nobodys cars, i got lucky, and i bet your too far away to help out, i love workin on cars, kinda sad that i'm almost done....time to put the shortbox on a 4x4 frame with my 327 and 350TH, 2wd 250 straight 6 just dont cut it when matched with manual steering and brakes with a 3 on the tree....not a good michigan truck, it would be asking for ditch running in the winter.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Carpet

OpelGTSource does a complete carpet kit for between $69 and $89 that consists of about thirty pieces all guaranted to fit - and you can choose colour plus loop or cut pile.

Who you gonna call!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm. i think i'm gonna see how much OGTS would want for the bottom carpet, so it would match the origional...think its called loop? or would that be the cut pile? does OGTS have the vynell foot pad on the drivers side?

·
2,054 Posts
Carpet from JC Whitney

1st time around I just bought a couple of yards of carpet from the factory, through JC Whitney. 2nd time around I bought the OGTS package.

If you go the factory route, try the black nylon loop carpet as it is closest to factory. But here's the deal, if there's any way you can swing the cash, go for the pre-cut & trimmed package from OGTS. A uniform age & material will look a lot better than a mix of old & new. And when you show your car to your buddies you won't be focusing in on the carpet trouble spots.

I understand having to work within a small budget - so do what you can.

Also, I've followed your progress and I gotta say, "I'm impressed that a 15 year old has accomplished so much. And I'm impressed with your fearlessness and tenacity when you tried the chevy pistons and all the machining you had to get done."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts