Finally, after 6 months I have in hand one prototype header for my V-6 conversion. As I've alluded to before this is a "Trick" setup. As with others doing this mod, a Fiero type manifold is needed. I chose to go with a similar, but different approach for a number of reasons. First I wanted to cut as little sheetmetal from the foot well as I could get away with. That meant the manifold had to be as close to the head as possible. Second, I wanted to try the rapid expansion of exhaust gases and try to cool the manifold down using that basic law of physics. The third reason of using what I did was really simple, a 1 1/2 square tube has more area than a round tube by almost 25%. Which goes back to reason 2. Also, by using the square tube, I didn't have to worry about stub ducts from the exhaust ports to the log manifold, which goes back to reason 1. Now all I have to do is come up with a dozen 5/16 X 20 bolts with a 1 inch shank length. Back to the internet for exhaust bolts that will be useable. It's getting closer.
97.9 KB Views: 363