Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my opel has no belly pan, and i cant see myself spending $220 on a fiberglass bellypan but the aftermarket european style air dam seems better for my price range ($120) but how do they work? do i need a bellypan on it, and the air dam goes over it? or do i just bolt it on instead of the bellypan?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
belly pan

The whole belly pan is gone from the bumper flange on down......yea it was like that when i bought it the guy before me took it off because it was dented and rusted through in a few spots. I would love to buy your bellypan if it is in salvageable condition. how much did you want to get for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a better pic of this front spoiler? The pics on GT Source are OK, but if I'm gonna order it I'd like to see what I'm getting a little better
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what im working with

this is what im working with, is there enough metal left to weld a new one on?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
The belly pan just attaches to the lip where the bumper was and the edges at the wheel well openings, not much too it.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
I would suggest just saving your money and getting the stock belly pan. To me it would look silly to have a front spoiler without ground effects all the way around the car, which would be a lot more money, plus just the front spoiler alone would cost as much as the stock style one.
Or just look for some metal ones in your area, if I had a decent one I would probly sell it for around $100. There is a guy some where in jersey with about 30gts and a ton of parts, sorry I forget what his email was.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Pan around

There are a couple of GT's in a local yard here in Saratoga. I'll check out their belly pans when I get home from vacation and let you know. If there is a decent one it should be worth the afternoon trip, and I could probably meet you half way if necessary. The guy who runs the yard is pretty reasonable on pricing, too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too have the same problem. On my car either side from the front bumper down is gone. If anyone has the fiberglass bellypan or a good metal one they are willing to part with give me a buzz!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
jon. That is a nice looking spoiler, I really like color of the car too. Awesome. Off topic : Read the GRMS page with the pictures and the page with the results. Hey man, congratulations, you did a heck of a good job considering the other cars in the field being as new as they were. Two thumbs up to ya. Jarrell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts