Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any aftermarket seats in their GT currently?

I currently have 2 adjustable bucket seats from Netami ( I believe is a cheap brand )
Unfortunately the seats weigh in at 35 pounds a piece and barely fit in the car.

The goal of the seats are to be a snug body holding seat for autocross and track driving.

I'm looking for other seats, although if anyone has any measurement requirements or anything of that sort, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Andrew

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Unfortunately, seats that don't suck can be pretty pricey. IMO, you'd be better off sticking with whatever you have and investing the $600-$1500 you would have spent on seats on lightweight wheels, curing the comedic handling and power issues, or building a rear end that can take some abuse.

That being said, I have mounted a Corbeau Clubman in my gt on the stock rails, and my helmet rattles against the roof(I'm 6'2"). It'll be getting recessed in the floor a bit. For the occasional ride along, I plan to get a cheap plastic bucket from Jaz or similar...

With a 5-point harness, even the stock seats aren't terrible.

-Travis

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Unfortunately, seats that don't suck can be pretty pricey. IMO, you'd be better off sticking with whatever you have and investing the $600-$1500 you would have spent on seats on lightweight wheels, curing the comedic handling and power issues, or building a rear end that can take some abuse...
You forgot to add the wimpy transmission.:sigh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts