Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k the mechanism is back in. My manual says to do the reverse to get it back together. The problem is ,its been a couple of weeks and I can't get the buckets back in, very frustrating. Does the piece that looks like a boomerang that holds the bucket in have to be removed to reinstall the bucket? If not I need help.I'm just about ready to send them sailing. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.I thought the bolts would be bad to get out, that was cake compared to this. Maybe I'm just missing the theory. :confused:

·
1,973 Posts
If the "boomerang" is the horizontal when closed headlight actuating arm it does not need to be removed to reinstall the headlight bucket. But If I remember there is only one position to put the bucket in with out it hurting your paint, but it took hurting the paint to find this position for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the tech. term would be the swivel plate.It just seems to me it has to be removed. No matter how much I turn the bucket that piece is not going to fit in that small space. I guess I should have paid more attention when I took them out. Just amazed that I done it by myself

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Clicker, I just looked at my buckets, if you're referring to the plate that bolts inside and to the rear of the bucket with 3 bolts, then yes it has to come out to install the bucket. That same plate then bolts to the spring plates that bolt to the rotating mechanism. HTH.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that is my next try after two days of this that was my conclusion.I'll try it tomorrow. Need a break from them. Thanks again
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts