Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
I had to inject a little levity on this one. Mark - I'm very impressed with your "resume". I did a little bit of pro rally support for a local racer "back in the day", and did some solo two events. What a blast!
Apparently quite a few of this forum Opel owners have had in the past or are still having fun competing in our cars both Opels and others. Guess that is what makes most of us care enthusiasts. :yup: I ran My first new 1973 Manta two weeks and a fast 1000 miles break-in after taking delivery of it in a local club autocross. Had run either my 1965 Type 34 Karmann-Ghia and 1970 Fairlane 351 BBL 4spd for four years before that. Both had Koni Shocks and Addco sway bars added as well as a rear camber compensator on the K-G. Plus flavor of the month tires for autocrossing.

It took me a couple of seasons to really get the feel for autocrossing well and how to set up the cars. In 1971 I saw my first new 1971 1900 4dr being auto crossed by a local SSCA guy in Charleston SC and the car really impressed us with his speed and handling at the time. He was near top O.A. time of the day even it being stock and still on skinny tires. Only a couple of well driven Porsches and a well set up dune buggy beat him. I knew then my next car was going to likely be an Opel. :veryhappy The gas crisis sort of sped that up a bit.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts