Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some rear wheel bearing from comfyshopper and recieved a reply that she received payment, but I never received the parts. No response to my emails over the last three week. Her profile feedback shows that a few other have had similiar problems recently....shame shame on Wendy :(

We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following item:
Item title: OPEL KADETT REAR WHEEL BEARINGS NEW
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2469096505
Item number: 2469096505
Buyer User ID: opelstinson
Seller User ID: comfyshopper
Your total: $42.50

Thank you very much. Your business is much appreciated.
Wendy

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Have you called the Attorney Generals Office? Our state came out and asked people to contact them if things like that happens. Hmmm....if she is out of state to you, that makes it a federal crime, as in FBI interstate fraud. If she wants to rip you for chump change, pay her (them) back in spades. Sorry, us poor sicillian's are nice folk, but I got screwed once like that. And I beleive in vendetta. :cool:

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
I'm with Old Hippie if you can't get your goods or payment.

Make a record of all your conversations, emails, or whatever you have tried to do to complete this transaction. Keep track of all paperwork and print out anything you did online for payment. Keep a log of everything you do and have done, even prior to today. (Start the log with what you remember and document it all.)

Contact the California Office of Attorney General. They will put you in contact with the person in charge of internet business transactions. They should have a person, I know we do here in Kansas. I've even talked, at length, with the gentleman. You may have to provide all the information and logs you keep as evidence.

Due to this crossing state borders, you might be able to go to your own Office of Attorney General for help, but I would start in their state.

The govenment is really cracking down on internet crimes, spam, and email abuse. They are trying to go after these people, it just takes a little longer.

BTW, the conversation I had with the Kansas Internet Cop had to do with my 10 year old daughter receiving information that was not appropriate for someone twice her age. I never knew there were so many ways in increase certain bodily parts.

·
398 Posts
Oh yeah!

See what you can do with eBay also. You might put something in your comments about what you are doing to correct this transaction (i.e. the Office of Attorney General)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
There are two things that can be done if payment was made with PayPal you can run a complaint that way, also with e-bay complaint system. Along with what everyone else has suggested. It appears that the seller was covered under one or more of these systems. Check it out, you may be covered.

Ron

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I didn't see any mention of it but as a buyer or seller you are able to get the full user profile for this person. What that includes is thier real street address and phone number. Call them on the phone, send them a certified letter of your intent. Few people go this route but it is avalable. I can pull this up on anybody I've done business with on Ebay. It tends to shake them up and gets things accomplished when they can't hide behind the internet.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
It appears that Wendy has been suspended by EBay.

·
398 Posts
It almost looks like your wheel bearings went to the buyer listed before you. :confused:

·
2,054 Posts
I'm starting to think I just got the shaft on an eBay item as well. Sent cashier's check for a boot for the convertible top. Haven't seen it yet, and haven't heard boo from her. She wouldn't accept PayPal. I'm guessing she didn't want them on her case. Bummer

Hey! Here's a new application for OpelGT.com. With members all over the world, members located near the offending eBay seller show up at their door to demand the part in question on behalf of our member who got stiffed.

So where's this opelstinson located? Stinson Beach?

·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info. Comfyshopper's address is below in case she sells under a different ID

Wendy Walker
96 Mosswood Dr.
Suisun City
California

I'm going to try and collect the money through the options dissussed. I just didn't want anyone else to get stuck after I saw she had sold a lot of Opel parts.....Thanks again all

Helmut :)

PS: Never been to Stinson beach, but I have another toy besides my Opels a 1946 Stinson airplane

·
648 Posts
Old cars and oild airplanes.....

Glad to know I'm not the only sick puppy!
James

·
335 Posts
I once had a guy try to stiff me on some parts so I got his address from Ebay, I got directions to the address from mapquest or one of those mapping systems and then I emailed him again. I had already emailed him several times and he always said "it's going out tomorrow". Well, this time I emailed him not to bother shipping it, I was going to pick it up in person and was it easier to get to his house by turning off of elm street or sycamore. The fact that I knew my way to his home spooked him into action and within three days I had the parts. :D

BTW Manta, my first tailwheel training was in a Stinson, my old plane is a 67 Viking

·
2,054 Posts
Surprise! Got my boot yesterday from the eBay seller I thought stiffed me.

_____________________________-
Back to your problem:
I'm a 1/2 hour away from Suisun City. If you do need someone to pick up your wheels bearings in-person, let me know. This weekend's shot, but next weekend's open.

I promise to be nice & civil and not embarress you or the OpelGT Forum.

·
398 Posts
:D Glad we could Help :D

Just kidding. Congrats on receiving your boot.

You know the other thing that bugs me about some eBay users? The lack of comments on a good transaction. Almost like they are afraid of committing to anything positive. (just my $.02) :mad:

·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks West Coast GT...I sent you a private email. I wne to the Bank at lunch and got a copy of the canelled check with her signature on the back
I can send it to you

Thanks again for your help.

·
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to thank West Coast GT for helping me with my ebay problem. I received the wheel bearings last week....thanks to all

Happy Opeling

·
Registered
214 Posts
West Coast GT

aka...

"THE ENFORCER"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Youse guys oughta try getting parts for Ukranian sidecar motorcycles...

Makes Opel parts and the ebay headaches a picnic.

I know of a guy who has waited THREE YEARS for a bike to be shipped from Poland.

Think the seller is diggin' the iron ore outta the mountain for the bike.

Closer to home...

I just received notice that a part has been shipped for my bike from Lithuania. The bad news? I bought it off Ebay five months ago. So - think of a 20 week delivery and count your blessings!

·
1,175 Posts
Ebay troubles

I've had problems with Ebay transactions several times. Once recently I won some tail light lenses for their starting price. I suspect that he didn't want to sel them for that price so he left negative feedback and refused to sell.
Recently I won another item for a good price. It never arrived. I think that this guy too might never have mailed it because of the winning bid amount.
He did send a refund check though. I would rather have the part that I bought.
I paid another guy an unreasonable price for an air filter ass'y. He's a member at this site. The boot I got with it was torn and rotten. He said send it back and he's send his new old stock one. The rip off was complete when, after I had returned part of the assembly he would never answer a single email and changed his email address. I've also waited up to 8 months or so for parts that I bought on Ebay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts