·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Price dropped, and my Bitter SC is on Ebay now.

I paid $8,000 for the car in 2001, and since then put more than $4000 into it.

I really need the cash, so if you ever wanted a Bitter I can guarntee no other Bitter out there is as well maintained as this one, most are still running around with either hacked up parts, or old original parts, etc.. Stirke while the irons hot.

Charles

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
A little Bitter . . .

GoinManta said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484228687

I went down to the lowest price I could live with - Starting Bid of $8400, and a Buy It Now of $9000.

No parts come with it and the original rims and tires go back on it (Conviently my BMW needs tires, and the rims and tires for the Bitter are the same as those of the 1997 BMW 3 series).

I paid $8,000 for the car in 2001, and since then put more than $4000 into it.

But I really need the cash, so if you ever wanted a Bitter I can guarantee no other Bitter out there is as well maintained as this one, most are still running around with either hacked up parts, or old original parts, etc.. Strike while the iron's hot.

I am probably going to look at other options and NOT sell it if it does not sell now. Not worth the trouble.

Charles
UH, Charles, mine included? :rolleyes: Seriously folks, other than that, what he says is true . . . his IS one of the best.

Surprised you were considering selling at all. :confused:

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well depends.. Yours is a much better car. That said I did replace my entire suspension. On the flip side yours probably doesn't need that done to it ;)

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tekenaar said:
Surprised you were considering selling at all. :confused:
Sometimes, you don't have many choices and you have to do what you have to do.

That said, this firesale, will end and if the Bitter has a SOLD sign on it then so be it. If it doesn't then that's it and this will be come one of those "I remember when I thought of selling my baby" memories yerars from now when I have restored her back to a show level car.

If it doesn't I will be putting my 328i Convertible BMW up for sale. Unfortunately with the BMW, its not paid off yet and the most I will really get out of selling it is one less bill.

Charles

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Bitter Harvest ....

Loose the 328i - real easy to replace and getting worth less year by year...

The Bitter is paid for and you have a parts car - it is far more likely to increase in value than a mass produced BMW.

How are you ever hoping to replace it in the future - hope Otto will sell his to you??

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Main thing is I need the cash, selling the BMW gets me about $500 in hand, the Bitter gets me whatever I sell it for. The "loan" on the BMW is very cheap (%0) interest.

Bitters are around if you know where to look. I figure in a few years when I get the money together I will buy a convertible Bitter ;)

In the meantime I have dropped the price of the Bitter to try to help move it..

I know I am down in the lowest of low area for what its worth. I am just hoping to sell for what I originally paid for it. Figuring in the maintence over the years as just that.

I will include the parts car and spare parts if you pick it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484228687

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Removed the Buy-It-Now and dropped the starting bid to $4500.

But I do have a reserve set.

Decided to include the rims and tires if the buyer wants them instead of the factory ones.

Shipping is now the buyers responsibility. I don't have any vacation and too busy to drive it to the new owner now.

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two days left - $7500 (includes 3.9L and Rims)

http://opelgt.com/ppc/showproduct.php?product=125

I am getting tired of trying to sell it tough. If it doesn't sell this go around, I will just keep it and try to find room to keep it. Currently bid on Ebay is only $7000, For a extra $500 I will add the original 3.9L into the package for the new owner, along with the original Ronal rims (They need to be repainted, but are straight). If the buyer comes from this forum and wins on Ebay, I will give you the 3.9L to rebuild as long as the final auction price exceeds $7500.

Also if the buyer does not wish to have the custom rims at all. I will put new tires (215/60r15 - Bridgestone or better tires) on the original Ronal rims, and have them mounted, or put them on with the current tires and give you a credit of $250 towards new tires of your choice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485034299

That's under $8000 for a 3.9L, with new paint, rebuilt suspension, new tires and rims, new fuel injection, brakes, no major rust (Some surface rust has popped up again near the rear lower window areas nothing structural) interior only needs the dash, center console arm rest and door handles to be recovered, seats and door panels are in great shape. A/C even works.

Does it have a few faults? yes.. But it also has over $5000 invested in the mechanical that you can be guaranteed you won't have to do.

I should know, I paid over $7000, for it before I had to do all this work. Which I wasn't expecting to do. Many of the older Bitters with 50,000 miles or less have been sitting so long they will have problems from age, this one doesn't since it is driven daily.

Well that's enough of that. If any group should know what its worth it is here. I am just hoping to get the money I originally paid for it back. So you know I am in a pinch, the only reason I am selling my Bitter, is due to the government and it's wonderful "LOCAL" tax system - my county taxes are about 4x my federal taxes and then some.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Your Bitter SC

Looked at the e-Bay bid history . . .

Personally, I'd be a little leery of someone with a ZERO bid history . . . ONLY problem I've ever had on e-Bay was with a seller with a ZERO history! Thought you should know.

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Me too, although I have a feeling I know who it is. A guy was really interested in it when I went out to Charlottesville and told him it was on Ebay. But I don't think he would have the money to buy it. But I could be wrong. Also he isnt a Opel person.

Charles

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Ebay

Charles;
Just looking at his screen name "uvagent87" (u) university (va) Virginia (gent) a guy [hopefully ;) ] (87) class of?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
RE: uvagent87

BQS4 said:
Charles;
Just looking at his screen name "uvagent87" (u) university (va) Virginia (gent) a guy [hopefully ;) ] (87) class of?
Yeah, but it might also be: "Ultra Viole'n't Agent 87" . . . close relative of Agent 99 on "Get Smart"?!!
:D

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats why I think it was a guy I talked to on Friday about the car when I was doing a field visit in Charlottesville. I could be wrong, but he was very interested. That said, it looked like would have been a UVA grad. But I could be wrong.

In any case, even if he buys it I hope the auction gets some more bids, I would hate to sell it for only $7000. Thats less than I originally paid for it.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Charles,
I see you have had no fewer than THREE cancelled bids. YIKES! What's with these darn eBay bidders, that a serious one can't bid a reasonable price for your Bitter. Heck, if I didn't have two broken down Opels already, and if I had an extra spot to park it, I'd be there for you. Hmm, Myrna did say that I could trade the SportWagon for it! That'd be almost even. I'd even throw in the drilled and radiused big brake rotors. And the cool chrome locking gas cap. And the (almost new) front windshield that I won in Tacoma for it. And...

Oh, who am I KIDDING? I guess you'll just have to keep the darn Bitter, sell the godless Bimmer, and get on with restoring the Blue Max. And the world will be a better place...

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kwilford said:
Charles,
I see you have had no fewer than THREE cancelled bids. YIKES! What's with these darn eBay bidders, that a serious one can't bid a reasonable price for your Bitter.
I cancelled them, the bidder that broke my reserve, called and said he overbid, and wanted to talk me down in price. Also told that (0) feedback bidders on automoblies discourage others to bid. So I decided to make a rule I had seen others use and that was to cancel all (0) feedback bidders.

Got a hour left, and may relist it next week if it doesn't sell. But deciding on what to do. Contemplating rebuilding the 3.9L and installing it. But doing a basic rebuild on it. Reusing the timing chain, etc.. (All the new parts) I put into the 3.0L.

If it were a 3.9L it would probably sell and for much more.

Biggest problem is that I need the cash more than the car, and the BMW wouldn't sell for much more than I owe on it and the loan is at 0% interest. So the BMW is cheaper to keep than it is to sell.

Charles

1 - 20 of 27 Posts