Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, using the "ground off 5/16" bolt" method finally popped the wheel loose... it must put pressure at just the right points because I was usuing significantly more pressure with different brace points.

Anyway, my next surprise was that the "Senator A" Momo adapter which I had previously purchased for the new wheel is too small to fit over the splines... which seem to be about 11/16" in diamater.

Anyone know what the correct adapter would be (or another vehicle I could cross to?)

Thanks!
Bill

·
Super Moderator
9,716 Posts
Well, using the "ground off 5/16" bolt" method finally popped the wheel loose... it must put pressure at just the right points because I was usuing significantly more pressure with different brace points.

Anyway, my next surprise was that the "Senator A" Momo adapter which I had previously purchased for the new wheel is too small to fit over the splines... which seem to be about 11/16" in diamater.

Anyone know what the correct adapter would be (or another vehicle I could cross to?)

Thanks!
Bill
If I had to stab at guessing, I'd try one for a Manta/Ascona from here:
Volanti Luisi Steering Wheel Hub Adapter for Opel:eBay Motors (item 300305123414 end time Aug-17-09 07:18:21 PDT)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What concerns me is that I ordered a Momo 6605 which shows the same fitment data as the wheel you reference and it doesn't fit.

Now, it's entirely possible that the adapter inside the 6605 box was indeed NOT a 6605, but I hesitate at dropping another $100 without some additional confirmation.

Given the size and spline data, I suspect a Momo 2401 (Corvette '84+ and Fiero) might fit... at least I might find that locally where I could take it back if needed...

Bill

·
Super Moderator
9,716 Posts
I have these Luisi adaptor on three of my Opels. Also, just to let you know, these Luisi adaptors are drilled and tapped for two patterns. One fits the MOMO, the other fits the Nardi/Personal steering wheels. Raid of Germany fits on there too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Just returned from Fall Carlisle... took the Bitter wheel with me. A steering wheel vendor there both confirmed that it was "standard GM, post 1969" and sold me a Momo-like boss for $20.

(Trick for the future... he used corks that had been inserted into different steering wheels to confirm both size and spline count... so before i left i was 100% certain it would fit)

Also, I was able to get the slightly damaged steering wheel threads cleaned up nicely. They are 14mmx1.5 for anyone needing the spec on them... nut comes off with a 21mm socket.

New Nardi rim is installed and looks great.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts