Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
doesn't De tomiso make those pantera's? what kind of ford engine are in them? sorry to get off subject.. just wondering..

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
i drove a big tomato once what a hoot :D :D :D only car i ever come across that could be bought as a fast car (high top end )or a quick car (0-60 )straight from the factory

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The last one I saw sold was in Raleigh N.C. in 1974. I believe it was the last year it was imported into the US. I was reputed to do 150 off the showroom floor or it was a lemon. Coincidentally, at last Falls Auto Fair, (Charlotte) there was a white one from the same dealership in Raleigh where I saw my first one. Price was 32,000 and it was in poor shape. In 1974 the price was 10,000. Jarrell

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Richard117 said:
The GT belongs to Richard117 who lives in Laguna Beach. It was also in the Fallbrook Vintage Car Show May 29th. Richard
Richard,

Beautiful looking GT. How often do you go to CC? I've only gone once and am dying to go again.

Enjoy your GT,

Manny

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Yes you were Richard, and good seeing you again. Bummer there were only 4 Opels there yesterday. Not too good for all the ones here in SoCal. I noticed on the Vintage Car Show website they closed the entries a week before the show. They only allowed 350 cars to be entered. The one car that brought back a lot of memories and desires, was the MB 300 SL gull wing. I heard the owner refused a $500,000 offer to buy it on the spot. As folks were leaving the grounds, it was comical to watch some folks push start one of the real oldies there when the hand crank wouldn't spin the engine fast enough to get it started. It was quite a parade as all the cars were leaving the show grounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.