Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok here what i have found
when i have the head lights on both front lights are on constant
and sometimes if im lucky the rear left turn signal will work
i turn headlights off and both front turnsignals work as well as the rear left i think the right rear might have a bad bulb
so i am very confused now

299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i just need to run new grounds to the body from all the light socket and it should work i also plan to ground the yellow wire or something for the relay hope it works i will be driving tonight

299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
first off dont ever let a body man do electrical work
ok here what i found
the reason y the right rear light didnt work was because it had 2 grounds going to it

the front lights didnt blink because he put the hot wire for the low side of the light on the high side and vice versa so when you had the headlights on the low filament couldnt out shine the high filament i switched that not its fine
the light on the dash worked on the right but on the left it didnt i had to chanhe the socket out
so now i have blinkers but sometimes now when i turn on the right turn signalboth dash lights come on so there must still be a bad ground but it works for now

299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i said dont let a body guy do your electrical because i bought the car from a guy that owns a body shop
the car has a great paint job he just couldnt setup lights
i have a round flasher relay but i will go buy a new one if you think it will fix it
auto zone sells them i dk the part # but it has the right prong setup and is square

299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i think i need to put my new battery in the car i am using the alternater to charge the battery but i know when i use the left turn signal i can see the ampmeter flucuating back and forth a little but i will just put my new battery in also because it was having a hard time starting today when the car was warm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.