Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
The U.S. GTs use the round orange light under the front bumper for the front turn signal. This is also used as a parking light(it is a dual filimant bulb). The curved light on the front of the car is a parking light only.

When you tried the turnsignal, did one or both lights light up on your dashboard(the right and left green indicator lights)?

If none of the bulbs light up anywhere on the car, then check the bulbs and also make sure your ground wire is connected.

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
If you have a spare "blinker unit" Try that. Make sure the parking lights are off and the bulb is not in backwards.

Are both front lights on at the same time or just the left one when you signal left and the right one when you signal right?

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
I agree with the above posts. Make sure you have everything grounded properly otherwise you can get some strange results. Let hear how it worked

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
I also had a problem with the double lights on the dash after bringing my car out of storage. Luckly I had a spare flasher unit and it corrected the problem. I removed the old "square" flasher and replaced it with a "round" style. both stock units. I also agree to with the other responce and check out the thread on this subject matter.

I'm glad you are making progress and I agree, don't let a body shop work on electrical problems:)

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Do you get the double lights when the engine is on or off? Is your battery fresh? Are you using a battery charger for your electrical source. A dip in voltage or using a battery charger for your your electrical source can also give you double lights. If it does it with your engine running and the Amp meter is at 0 or above, then I would try a new "blinker" unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.