Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I ID my block? It has a 75 just above the starter, below the letter H, and below plug #2 the serial # starts off with 1.9S. I seached the forums, but nothing, anyone have an idea? :confused:

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Engine #

The 19S identifies it as a 1.9 litre block - the 75 may show that it was cast in 1975 (some Opel castings do have a year # cast into them.

Unfortunately Opel did not tie the engine number and/or VIN number to the engine number and they are just randomly placedinto different models. So there is no such thing as a "numbers matching" Opel.

However the original engine number was recorded by the factory - it is just real hard to find out what it was other than seeing it for your self.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for the info i was looking for been trying to figure out what motor i had for a cpl weeks now and u just made it clear what motor i have time to order parts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The 1975 model year Opel 1.9 engine block has a unique water port on the rear of the passenger side and no hole in the lower timing cover for the fuel pump mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts