Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Given the redline of that engine, engine displacement, and overall mass airflow I think the TD04 should be great for the street

The TD05 is a comparatively huge step up, if you want more but still want it very responsive, look into a VF39 from an older STI. It’s a direct bolt-up still. Their biggest issue is the VF39 turbine housings get cracks near the waste gate flap. Since you are running an external gate anyway, you can just block off the stock wastegate or weld it up.
Good to know! My hope was that this turbo will match it well.

I made some more progress today.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Looks great!

Reactions: cadence

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)

Finished up the intercooler pipes, and mounted the electronic throttle pedal. I am chasing an ignition ground issue but should be able to start it soon. I have all other sensors reading correctly. My K.A.W. Springs will be here Monday so there will be more Opel specific content soon. OGTS has swaybar to lca bushings on back order. Is there any other place that has them? I would like to get this on the road before the end of July.

Also since I already put some In here, more hovercraft content.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Very nice!

·
Detritus Maximus
2,380 Posts
I'm really digging the hovercraft. I thought about building a smaller one based on some plans I found. It used a leaf blower motor or something as I recall. Steering was by leaning. It looked wonderfully dubious!

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Are you sure you don't need a little more air flow through the radiator for such a monster engine? I have one of these fans - in front of my A/C condenser ...
Dieter
I honestly don't know. a lot of this is best/only guess. I hope to start it in the next week and will be going through everything to see how it performs. I won't be able to really drive it until i can get some sway bar bushings. I will be testing everything as much as i can until then.

I'm really digging the hovercraft. I thought about building a smaller one based on some plans I found. It used a leaf blower motor or something as I recall. Steering was by leaning. It looked wonderfully dubious!
My grandfather ordered the plans out of the back of popular mechanics. I've been wanting to go for a ride on it as long as i can remember. I am really excited, i am pushing to get it flying by next weekend. the plans call for single vanes across the airflow control box pictured above and leaning to steer. I made some modifications and split the vanes to allow (i hope) tank like steering.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,380 Posts
Ah, Popular Mechanics! Those were the days. Somehow youtube and the internet lack the charm of PM's art and photography...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Very nice!

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

First start. Idles great. Will need some tuning and radiator hoses before I can run it to temp. Still waiting on sway bar bushings before I can actually drive it.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

First start. Idles great. Will need some tuning and radiator hoses before I can run it to temp. Still waiting on sway bar bushings before I can actually drive it.
Very nice!

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Volvo calipers and Honda rotors machined to fit the Opel hub and spindle. I also modified the non-abs Volvo calipers to allow single brake line operation.
Please excuse my set up. I am an amateur at best.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts