Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating the concept of a bolt on performance upgrade in either carb or turbo frorm. Is there an interest in this and what do you think a selling price should be? Pictured is a set of OMs and irmshirs with a 2.4 exhaust. That is just one idea. Recast ones or something similar would be the idea.

Attachments

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you are asking. Are you asking if anyone is interested in purchasing you carbs and manifolds, or are you asking if there are people interested in purchasing an upgrade "kit"?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a local foundry looking for work and was wondering if this would be a setup that might be of interest to duplicate.

·
392 Posts
Are you asking if anyone is interested in a foundry reproducing the intake manifolds to mount sidedrafts? There is probably some interest but is it legal to do? It probably needs to be slightly different then the origonal in order to be legal. But I am no expert on this. JMTCW
Mike

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swung by the foundry today to inquire about the possibilitiy of them being reproduced. I knew they were slow but right now they are packing up and moving to Birmingham. Pretty odd since I helped move some of it from Birmingham to here two years ago.

It was just an idea since this set was meant for another car and I don't think I'll be building one any time soon. So the casting makers could have had it to use as a pattern for a while.

I didn't get to talk price either since all the engineers are already gone.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ever since the intakes arrived I've been trying to decide what to do with them. I thaught about cutting them for use on a turbo project but that seems a bit harsh. I'll cut a stock one up for that if I do it. Using them as casting molds seems to be a shot in the dark kinda thing and a long shot at best. I've got 525 in the intake, exhaust and carbs. If your interested make an offer, otherwise they go into storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts