Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please bear w/me, I just posted a similar note on Classicopels
I just hit another hurdle- I tried to get the flywheel /pressure plate balanced and had no bolts - The owner of the shop didn't want to balance it w/o the proper bolts.
Anyone know which bolts are the correct one's? Standard S-10/ metric or english? do they have a shoulder?
Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is dowel pin req'd w UR flywheel/zoom

Another question - The balancer said that it looked like the UR flywheel was set up to use a dowel pin to align the pieces
Thanks again .......Craig

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Is this a 1.9 that your puting the S-10 clutch in? Is the flywheel stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
200 Posts
For the Flywheel to Crank use ARP Ford Pinto 2000/2300 bolts. For the pressure plate to flywheel bolts I'd imagine UR would use the metric 2.8 Chevy S-10 bolts. That is what I did when I had my stocker cut down and redrilled. As far as dowel pins you can just use some hardened stock that fits the holes or just go without, I don't have dowels on mine so we just marked where the pressure plate was balanced to the rotating assy so it gets back on right.

Good Luck

Dan

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ur/zoom

Thanks for the reply
I have the aluminum flywheel and the s10 zoom clutch pressure plate
I was able to get the bolts to mount the clutch/pressure plate to the UR flywheel locally.
The local chevy dealers within 1 hour didn't have them and the folks at UR said they thought they had them but after transferring me 3 times and being left on hold I gave up. A local bolt guy had them. I just ordered the pinto bolts from S&K speed 6 bolts $15
The dowel holes don't line up so that's a non issue.
I just can't believe how envery Opel project becomes a major project.
I thought I had asked all the right questions early on but there's always something that is overlooked - like is bolt thing. I'm glad the group is there to get help.
After the last few days I understand why after spending thousands to upgrade the GT some folks just move on. I'm sure when it's done and I'm driving it I'll forget all the frustration I'm going thru now.
Craig

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Look upon it as a "Test of Character"

May be that is why most people who stick with their Opels are such sound people! ;)

Are you a "GT Good Guy" ??????

Without this Community half of us would fail the character test - so much help is available here.

"Hello! I'm GT Jim and I have Opelitis"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts