Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I damaged my OGTS booster when I tried installing it a few weeks ago. As you can see in the picture the plastic collar that surrounds the input shaft is broken. From tinkering with it, it looks like it is there to limit the amount of deflection of the input shaft. Anyone know what the collar is for?

Here is my question: Should I replace it or just use the broken-ish part?

Given that the shafts are aligned, I am not sure how important the collar is… It would be a pain to need to replace an entire booster due to a fragile plastic part.

Attachments

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,983 Posts
If you still have the broken pieces you could glue them back on with Goop, then maybe wrap it with some electrical tape to clean up it's look. You might also be able to find a plastic cap from some spray can that you could cut and slip over it.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Did you attempt to install the booster with the master cylinder already bolted to it? Gil mentioned to me (I bought the new big booster and MC) that doing so caused the assembly to forced somewhat, and that often resulted in some damage to the booster I don't know what that collar does. Have you asked Gil? He's supposed to back from the GT 50th in Europe after today.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Agokwilford - that is exactly what I did. Do as Gil says, not as I do haha. Honestly I forgot that piece of advice. I will remember for the next time.

@G.v.Mainberg - I may take you up on the printed part. I don't need it right now but maybe in a few months. Good news is that given its location it should never be exposed to brake fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts